|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Michigan state parks extend closures

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
Hammerboy

Zeeland, MI

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/20 07:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They extended state park camping closures until at least June 21 Sorry folks I know some of you will disagree and say that this good to shut everything down but this is getting ridicules. Might as well close them forever as something else might come along. You can easily social distance and not come in contact with anybody or park staff. Just dont get it. Close the restrooms and nature centers if you must but camping too? I feel 100 times more in danger at a Walmart than at a campground. I honestly don't get the logic they have for what can be open and what cannot around here.

Dan

2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

MDKMDK

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/20 07:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hammerboy wrote:

They extended state park camping closures until at least June 21 Sorry folks I know some of you will disagree and say that this good to shut everything down but this is getting ridicules. Might as well close them forever as something else might come along. You can easily social distance and not come in contact with anybody or park staff. Just dont get it. Close the restrooms and nature centers if you must but camping too? I feel 100 times more in danger at a Walmart than at a campground. I honestly don't get the logic they have for what can be open and what cannot around here.

Dan

I agree totally with you on the shutdown logic. Your Governor and our Prime Minister are cut from the same piece of burlap, it seems. Our whole economy is more or less shut down, with no concrete plans on how to get it up and running again. Our guy wants to wait for a vaccine that may never happen. OMG, we're in trouble up here.
Good luck to you, we feel your pain, too.

Mike.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

3boxerss

Northwest Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/20 08:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree. Close the restrooms and bath houses if you have too. The motels never got closed. Im safer in my camper than there..Campsites are farther apart than motel rooms as well..

2017 Wildwood XLite 201BHXL
2016 Ford F250
Previous Camper 2001 Bantam B19 by Trail Lite

GordonThree

Northern Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/20 08:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The reason they give for the delay is what upsets me.

They want 5 weeks to clean and prepare the parks but won't be starting until mid May!

Why not start that now? Unemployment is rampant. Hire some folks that have lost their jobs, hand them a rake and get back to work. The parks are outdoors, plenty of room to social distance.

2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/29/20 08:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No rhyme or reason to it, Michigan is closed while Arizona is open.

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2011 Harley Ultra Limited
2016 RZR 900

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/20 10:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yep. The logic some states have is incomprehensible! I can go to a Walmart, but not to a campground where it's just me and a neighbor 50-100ft away. Sorry, but these stats get what they are asking for. And wait till he federal government tells them to take a hike when they go asking for help for loss of revenue due to the virus! Which is all this is about in the end. Our own IL governor has already said that back in the beginning of the first stay at home order.

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Mfan

Otsego,Mi

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/20 05:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The irony is, we can day use the park, we just can't sleep there. They have the restrooms and out house closed, but I can't bring my own bathroom.

wildtoad

Blythewood, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/30/20 05:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ha! I was going to quote one of the above posts, but in this case everybody gets a trophy! Agree with all. I’ll be thinking of you on May 11 when I’m setting up at a nearby state park. Reason #521 to move to SC. DONT ask what the other 520 are.

Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

jdc1

Rescue, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/20 08:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe, just maybe, it's not about you. Maybe it's about tent campers that don't bring the house with them. Just maybe.

So, now it's narrowed down. Let only those that have the means and money go camping. Forget about Joe and his five kids that can't afford a $30,000 trailer and $40,000 truck. Does that sound about right?

Durb

NW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/30/20 09:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Faulty logic. Joe can't go camping anyhow; the parks are closed! Joe doesn't have a Class A motorhome, I guess we should close all the Class A only RV parks. Joe can't tent camp in some parks in Yellowstone; better close the entire park to everyone. Joe has five kids, what about those with only 3 kids; better close down all the campgrounds to everyone.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Michigan state parks extend closures
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.