|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> 1/2 ton sticker shock

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
SweetLou

La Quinta, CA USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/05/20 01:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

midnightsadie wrote:

shortage? I,m in north east ohio dealer has 150 fords an 175 chevys on the lot.

Here is a link
https://www.carsdirect.com/automotive-news/covid-19-may-cause-pickup-truck-shortage

2013 3500 Cummins 6.7 Quadcab 4x4 3.73 68FE Trans, 2007 HitchHiker Discover America 329 RSB
We love our Westie

Lwiddis

Near Annett’s Mono Village, Bridgeport, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/05/20 02:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"You can buy a nicely equipped 1500 for $50k. Maybe less with incentives and discounts." Mine was but I have good credit too.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 05/05/20 02:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SweetLou wrote:

midnightsadie wrote:

Here is a link
https://www.carsdirect.com/automotive-news/covid-19-may-cause-pickup-truck-shortage

Perhaps wishful think on the manufacturers and dealers part. You can not force 30 million folks out of work for months (and that has to be a low number because they do not really know the total yet) and not expect it to affect sales of big ticket items causing them to go down the poop shoot. A large percentage of those folks won't even have a job to go back to.

It's not unlike the rosy picture that RVBusiness and the RVIA and RVDA are painting regarding the RV Industry. It's going in the tank also for the foreseeable future. The ramifications of this shutdown fiasco have not even begun to be felt downstream, hold on tight, it's coming. They have to paint it all pretty for the stockholders.

ppine

Northern Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 05/05/20 03:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

He needs to shop harder. There is a national market for trucks. You can have one delivered to your door. Try Dave Smith in Idaho.

Now is a good time to buy a 2019 that is brand new.

Geo*Boy

Unknown

View Profile

Posted: 05/05/20 05:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GDS-3950BH wrote:

SweetLou wrote:

midnightsadie wrote:

Here is a link

Perhaps wishful think on the manufacturers and dealers part. You can not force 30 million folks out of work for months (and that has to be a low number because they do not really know the total yet) and not expect it to affect sales of big ticket items causing them to go down the poop shoot. A large percentage of those folks won't even have a job to go back to.

It's not unlike the rosy picture that RVBusiness and the RVIA and RVDA are painting regarding the RV Industry. It's going in the tank also for the foreseeable future. The ramifications of this shutdown fiasco have not even begun to be felt downstream, hold on tight, it's coming. They have to paint it all pretty for the stockholders.

Fiasco, really?

CC Crabman

Corpus Christi, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 05/05/20 07:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I live in the South Texsa oil patch. Lot's of new trucks on the lots and the used trucks are stating to pile up. Soon the repo guys and the voluntary surrenders will begin. Expensive trucks will be hard to sell.

KD4UPL

Swoope, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/05/20 07:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bedlam wrote:

The people that get sucked into 7-year loans so they can drive a vehicle they cannot afford is a problem. If the co-worker's 1500 still has payments, it may explain some of this high price for a replacement.

Sucked into a 7 year 0% interest loan? Sounds like a great deal to me. I've been considering buying a new 3500 to replace my current dually. I could write a check for a new one buy why when I can use their money for free?

philh

Belleville MI

View Profile

Posted: 05/05/20 08:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

70k, go buy a 3/4 ton [emoticon]

Cars sales are way way down. Dealers are desperate for sales.

Blazing Zippers

North Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/05/20 10:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As mentioned before on this; Dave Smith has sooooo many trucks, the gleam from the chrome can be seen for miles. This dealer contributes about 40% of the county taxes.
It sounds like the dealer in the east is trying to pick some pretty plums.

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 05/06/20 05:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

KD4UPL wrote:

Bedlam wrote:

The people that get sucked into 7-year loans so they can drive a vehicle they cannot afford is a problem. If the co-worker's 1500 still has payments, it may explain some of this high price for a replacement.

Sucked into a 7 year 0% interest loan? Sounds like a great deal to me. I've been considering buying a new 3500 to replace my current dually. I could write a check for a new one buy why when I can use their money for free?

Yep, 7 years at 0%?! I'll keep my money in the bank and let it work while I use their money to buy it.

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> 1/2 ton sticker shock
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.