|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Goodyear G614 ,and Endurance Tires

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
Sponsored By:
cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/19/20 08:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A little interesting fact now with Goodyear RV tires . The G614, and all but the ST 255/85R/16 Endurance do not meet the weight rating requirements set by RVIA for 7K axles , the 10%. Meaning the tires have to be able to handle 7700 Lbs. The G614's at 3750 ,and the Endurance ST235/85R/16 at 3640 ,do not meet the weight rating for 7K axles.

Montana at one time offered the Goodyear G614 as a upgrade ,apparently no longer. Sailun now is the standard .

The Endurance ST 255/85R/16 at 4080 does meet the rating , but at 33.07 diameter may or may not fit , plus they are too big for the 6" wide rims that come on most fifth wheels with 7k axles. Kind of leaves Goodyear in the dark as far meeting ratings for 7K axles.

I would not be surprised to see Goodyear change weight ratings on some of these RV tires

* This post was edited 05/19/20 09:32am by cummins2014 *

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/19/20 08:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IMO thats one of the reasons we are seeing Westlakes ,Sailuns etc on the new fifth wheels . They meet the weight rating for the 7k axles . Yes ,and the cost.

laknox

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/19/20 11:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cummins2014 wrote:

A little interesting fact now with Goodyear RV tires . The G614, and all but the ST 255/85R/16 Endurance do not meet the weight rating requirements set by RVIA for 7K axles , the 10%. Meaning the tires have to be able to handle 7700 Lbs. The G614's at 3750 ,and the Endurance ST235/85R/16 at 3640 ,do not meet the weight rating for 7K axles.

Montana at one time offered the Goodyear G614 as a upgrade ,apparently no longer. Sailun now is the standard .

The Endurance ST 255/85R/16 at 4080 does meet the rating , but at 33.07 diameter may or may not fit , plus they are too big for the 6" wide rims that come on most fifth wheels with 7k axles. Kind of leaves Goodyear in the dark as far meeting ratings for 7K axles.

I would not be surprised to see Goodyear change weight ratings on some of these RV tires

Change weight ratings, but will they actually change the =tire= itself?

Lyle

2002 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax Crew Cab 4x4 6.5' Bed
Banks Bullet Tuner and Monster Exhaust
B&W Turnover Ball with 5th Wheel Companion
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 62 Year Member

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/19/20 11:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

laknox wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

Lyle

I " THINK" that would be a NO.. just re rate it

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/19/20 11:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thats probably all they did with Sailun changed to an ST and upped the rating . Doubtful anything else . If I remember the ST change had something to do with importing also

laknox

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/19/20 11:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ford truck guy wrote:

laknox wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

Lyle

I " THINK" that would be a NO.. just re rate it

If the tires are already marginal, then how can they get by with re-rating it and still have a 10% "reserve"? That was my point.

Lyle

laknox

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/19/20 12:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cummins2014 wrote:

Thats probably all they did with Sailun changed to an ST and upped the rating . Doubtful anything else . If I remember the ST change had something to do with importing also

That's what I was told. Sailun more-or-less just changed their former truck tire to an ST by changing the molds to say "ST" and different weights. Was to get around the much higher import tax for truck tires vs trailer tires. Otherwise, they were virtually identical.

Lyle

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/19/20 12:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

laknox wrote:

If the tires are already marginal, then how can they get by with re-rating it and still have a 10% "reserve"? That was my point.

Lyle

I understand your point and also agree with it.... But in reality, I really dont think they would do a redesign

* This post was edited 05/20/20 04:56pm by an administrator/moderator *

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/19/20 12:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

laknox wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

That's what I was told. Sailun more-or-less just changed their former truck tire to an ST by changing the molds to say "ST" and different weights. Was to get around the much higher import tax for truck tires vs trailer tires. Otherwise, they were virtually identical.

Lyle

Apparently this RVIA change was sometime in 2017. I am surprised Goodyear didn't overrate those Endurance even more then they already are for an E rated tire, considering they were introduced around 2017 . Then there is the G614, which has always been the 3750. Has to be a big game changer for Goodyear ,no longer an OE on some of these new fifth wheels. There is also the cost factor, along with better tires at a cheaper price .

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/19/20 12:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ford truck guy wrote:

I understand your point and also agree with it.... But in reality, I really dont think they would do a redesign

I don't understand the rating on the Endurance to start with being an E rated tire , yet now their 235/80/16 ,and their 235/85/16 still won't meet the rating for ANY of the newer fifth wheels running 7K axles. Sure people will still buy them regardless what their RVIA sticker has to say. But the new fifth wheels can't have them on it according to the RVIA sticker .

* This post was edited 05/20/20 04:57pm by an administrator/moderator *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Goodyear G614 ,and Endurance Tires
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.