RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Rig for two couples?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Rig for two couples?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
TXiceman

Full Time RVer

View Profile

Posted: 05/22/20 05:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Two couples in one RV is a recipe fro disaster. Better to get two RVs.

Ken

Amateur Radio Operator.
2013 HitchHiker 38RLRSB Champagne, toted with a 2012, F350, 6.7L PSD, Crewcab, dually. 3.73 axle, Full Time RVer.
Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

Michelle.S

Western NY till fall, then Sebring, FL

View Profile

Posted: 05/22/20 05:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We traveled the West and Alaska with another couple, but we had our 5th Wheel and they had a MH and Toad. For our daily site seeing we used their car, but split the gas and driving. A majority of meals we a joint effort. But at the end of the day we each had our own place and bed. It worked for us for approx 7 months and over 12K miles.

2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

6door74

Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 05/22/20 08:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some responses here remind me of when I rented a 12 passenger van and they tried to give me 2 cars because they didn't have the van when I got there. Defeats the whole purpose of me renting the van! I'm guessing the couples have made up their mind and are looking for info on what trailer may best suit them. Not whether or not it's a good idea or doable.

I agree with those who said look for more than 1 bathroom and go from there. Also the toy hauler which has the beds that drops down or opens up into a big one seems better than a bunk house. That class C towing a trailer seems pretty reasonable but I'm guessing they want a non RV to get around in at their destinations.

* This post was last edited 05/22/20 08:43pm by 6door74 *   View edit history

2006 E350 V10
Travel Trailer-TBD

mtofell1

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 05/22/20 08:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe we could get some more jokes about two couples struggling to get along in the same RV.... I don't think everyone quite gets the point yet. OP asked a legitimate question and 95% of the responses are just the same (lame) joke being churned over and over and over and over again. Come on people.... get some good material or give it a rest..... or, even better, help OP with the question he asked.

bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/23/20 06:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They may as well do a YouTube channel while they are traveling. The Long Trailer Part 2.
The upside is that they are family and have a much better chance of doing OK with it. One of my sisters I could make it work with, the other 2 not so much.

2005 Cummins 3500 2WD LB quad cab dually pulling a 2014 Blue Ridge 3025RL

4x4ord

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/20 07:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think a class A dp pulling a toy hauler with a couple of Goldwings in the garage could work quite nicely.

2017 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

Wadcutter

IL

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/20 09:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mtofell1 wrote:

Maybe we could get some more jokes about two couples struggling to get along in the same RV.... I don't think everyone quite gets the point yet. OP asked a legitimate question and 95% of the responses are just the same (lame) joke being churned over and over and over and over again. Come on people.... get some good material or give it a rest..... or, even better, help OP with the question he asked.

From what I've read the OP has been getting some good advice with a bit of banter thrown it. Such is typical of internet forums, not just this forum or this thread. Most people with an IQ above room temperature could surmise from the comments that most people think it would be a tough situation for 2 couples for any length of time and travel. But maybe some people don't have the cognitive ability to figure that out from the comments. Obviously so. Some people need everything explained to them in detail, using small words and in black and white, so as not to confuse them or require any thinking.
In case there is someone in the future reading the thread who is unable to formulate complex thought and needs things explained only in very analytical terms here's what the US Housing and Urban Development has to say about overcrowding in housing. They classify overcrowding when a person has less than 165 sq ft of living space.
Does the HUD standard apply in RVing? Every individual has different requirements and situations they will tolerate. To make that even clearer, there is no definite answer to the OP's question. What they may feel comfortable with for another couple would be entirely unacceptable.
Reading your comment what you think would work for you is an arrangement that would be totally unacceptable to me.

Camped in every state

KCFDCapt

At Home

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/23/20 08:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RVs are great for six people for drinks, four people for dinner and two people for sleeping. Yes, an occasional guest or couple will work but the key word here is occasional.

Johnnybgood

Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/23/20 08:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would say the suggestion of a Toyhauler with an extra bedroom is a good one. With the caviar that the couples understand that the camper is for sleeping, eating. The rest of the time sit outside or check out the local entertainment.

94-D2

Sutter Creek ca

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/23/20 11:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a bighorn traveler. It is 42’ and about 450’ of total living space. There is an apartment, although small, it has a double sofa bed And will sleep 2. The extra plus, is the living area is large and open. The bathroom is separate from the front suit bedroom so there is appropriate separation for couples. If kids are involved, there is a large loft so that will sleep 4 kids comfortably.

[image]

2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 6.7L, Aisin, air ride, Ram puck prep, SuperGlide 20K auto slide.
2018 Bighorn Traveler 4 slide w/Apt.

It’s not what you’ve done that commands respect, it’s what you do.

Happy Campin’

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Rig for two couples?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.