|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Door hard to open from outside

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Monaramblee

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/20 03:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If the inside handle easily opens both latches does that rule out adjustment? Isnt the long rod operated by both the inside and outside handles? The outside handle willopen both latches if i jerk the handle hard.....

2008 Holiday rambler Vacationer XL
340 HP Cummins

ARMDR

Kansas

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/20 05:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is a kit on the market to fix the Trimark 060-1650 or T507 handle. I have had 3 of the handles break, 2 of them the pot metal striker, and one of the steel ones. The steel one didn't break the metal, but a plastic piece broke and jammed the handle. A friend told me about this kit, and I got 3 of them. They took 3 minutes to install, and there's no plastic to break. I found them on Ebay. After spending over $500, I was ready to try anything.

bjbear

Cold Lake, AB, Can

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/20 09:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Monaramblee wrote:

If the inside handle easily opens both latches does that rule out adjustment? Isnt the long rod operated by both the inside and outside handles? The outside handle willopen both latches if i jerk the handle hard.....

You would think so, but the inside handle has a larger range of movement than the outside. That means that the door will stop working sooner with the outside handle while the inside will still function.

2006 Monaco Camelot 42-DSQ
09 Blazer 20' Covered Trailer
Toad - 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
My Website

Monaramblee

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/20 05:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bjbear wrote:

Monaramblee wrote:

You would think so, but the inside handle has a larger range of movement than the outside. That means that the door will stop working sooner with the outside handle while the inside will still function.

Thank you for that info it makes sense. Now if i can get the inside handle cover off i will be in business.

JC2

Mo/Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/20 08:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Would you by chance have a link to the kit available from E-Bay?

ARMDR wrote:

There is a kit on the market to fix the Trimark 060-1650 or T507 handle. I have had 3 of the handles break, 2 of them the pot metal striker, and one of the steel ones. The steel one didn't break the metal, but a plastic piece broke and jammed the handle. A friend told me about this kit, and I got 3 of them. They took 3 minutes to install, and there's no plastic to break. I found them on Ebay. After spending over $500, I was ready to try anything.

2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304,Cummins ISL 425hp,Spartan MM Chassis,2013 Chev Equinox AWD Towed,Ready Brute Elite TowBar/Brake,FMCA #402879,SKP#120487

Penny07

Denver

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/20 06:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are ***Link Removed***magnetic screen door which are easy to open.

Monaramblee

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/20 04:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So today the outside handle broke leaving a piece at the top and bottom.The top does nothing but the remaining small piece of handle at the bottom opens the door better then before the handle broke. So now i dont think it needs an adjustment i think the handle had issues.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Door hard to open from outside
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.