|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> BC Residents only

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
ProudCanuck42

calgary

View Profile

Posted: 05/22/20 09:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was planning a fishing trip to Ucluelet this summer. I'm from Alberta. Here's the message I rec'd yesterday from the company that I used to book our accomodations:
"For Canadians traveling across interprovincial borders by car, there is a possibility that they will be stopped at a checkpoint and asked to provide documentation of cottage ownership. If you are unable to produce it, then you may be forced to turn back.

In order to meet Provincial Health guidelines and Work-safe BC guidelines we must adhere to the guidelines of this ever changing situation. Where inter provincial travel is not permitted there will be a local requirement that we check ID from travelers to ensure they are residents of BC

Road checks have been ongoing at the Tofino and Ucluelet junction to date over all long weekends and holidays, as the summer months come on they most likely will become a daily occurrence."

Sounds to me like they are advising against any out-of-province travel to BC. This accommodation was in a commercial rental not a campground.

[emoticon]

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 05/22/20 10:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ProudCanuck42 wrote:

I was planning a fishing trip to Ucluelet this summer. I'm from Alberta. Here's the message I rec'd yesterday from the company that I used to book our accomodations:
"For Canadians traveling across interprovincial borders by car, there is a possibility that they will be stopped at a checkpoint and asked to provide documentation of cottage ownership. If you are unable to produce it, then you may be forced to turn back.

In order to meet Provincial Health guidelines and Work-safe BC guidelines we must adhere to the guidelines of this ever changing situation. Where inter provincial travel is not permitted there will be a local requirement that we check ID from travelers to ensure they are residents of BC

Road checks have been ongoing at the Tofino and Ucluelet junction to date over all long weekends and holidays, as the summer months come on they most likely will become a daily occurrence."

Sounds to me like they are advising against any out-of-province travel to BC. This accommodation was in a commercial rental not a campground.

[emoticon]

Some of this is being generated by the residents of the small communities themselves. Tofino, Uclulet etc. The have small regional hospitals with limited ICU beds and sometimes one ventilator. People need to be adults about this and think about the consequences of bringing the virus to small communities.

Re Fire fighter cooperation. Fire fighters are usually educated first responders. They would be the first to recognize the need for caution in situations like this.

SideHillSoup

South Eastern British Columbia

View Profile

Posted: 05/22/20 10:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MDKMDK wrote:

Flyboy320 wrote:

MDKMDK wrote:

I hope BC residents remember that when the forest fires start, and they need out of province help.

Two totally different subjects.

Nice try.

Fighting Forrest fires falls under “ essential services” and the B.C. Govt ( Forrest Service) has been working on safe work plans since this all started, as there has been notices / bulletins stating some of their plans made public.
And just guessing they have been tweaking their plans as things change concerning C-19.

Fire fighters

2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

A1ARealtorRick

Gulf Shores, AL

View Profile

Posted: 05/22/20 12:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garyhaupt wrote:

BC is making it very clear that it is BC residents only in the provincial campgrounds. If a camper were to have non-BC plates, they could/will be refused.

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/300622/........dLOEFVYS6q8lx7LiC8Z1xyd81My6c5avo#300622

Gary Haupt

I'd think a driver's license would be the deciding factor as to residency, not a license plate.

. . . never confuse education with intelligence

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/22/20 12:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garyhaupt wrote:

BC is making it very clear that it is BC residents only in the provincial campgrounds. If a camper were to have non-BC plates, they could/will be refused.

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/300622/........dLOEFVYS6q8lx7LiC8Z1xyd81My6c5avo#300622

Gary Haupt
Cool Idea. Maybe Arizona could do the same and keep the state campgrounds open only to AZ residents during the snowbird season.

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2016 RZR 900

noteven

Turtle Island

View Profile

Posted: 05/22/20 02:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Section 6 of the Charter might interfere with Provinces or Territories discriminating against people based on residency. You can’t blockade borders inside Canada unless you apply the emergency reason to everyone.

But it makes good divisive news and invokes an appearance of taking action against “those people” from the other place.

They would do better to speak to people as adults and say in the interest of controlling spread, you people camp in your back yard and we’ll stay home in ours this summer.

Howie3

Red Deer, AB

View Profile

Posted: 05/22/20 03:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

noteven wrote:

Section 6 of the Charter might interfere with Provinces or Territories discriminating against people based on residency. You can’t blockade borders inside Canada unless you apply the emergency reason to everyone.

But it makes good divisive news and invokes an appearance of taking action against “those people” from the other place.

They would do better to speak to people as adults and say in the interest of controlling spread, you people camp in your back yard and we’ll stay home in ours this summer.

Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba are all saying essentially the same thing: opening for their provincial residents only, with a few exceptions. BC campgrounds are normally overbooked so this is a solution to manage campground capacity and social distancing. I'm disappointed at not being able to camp in my usual favorite sites but understand completely under the circumstances. It will give each province the opportunity for their residents to explore their own back yard. Not a bad thing.
Howie

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 05/22/20 03:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Howie3 wrote:

noteven wrote:

Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba are all saying essentially the same thing: opening for their provincial residents only, with a few exceptions. BC campgrounds are normally overbooked so this is a solution to manage campground capacity and social distancing. I'm disappointed at not being able to camp in my usual favorite sites but understand completely under the circumstances. It will give each province the opportunity for their residents to explore their own back yard. Not a bad thing.
Howie

Totally agree.

Boon Docker

Mountain Foothills of Southern Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 05/22/20 03:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

azdryheat wrote:

garyhaupt wrote:

Gary Haupt
Cool Idea. Maybe Arizona could do the same and keep the state campgrounds open only to AZ residents during the snowbird season.

I don't think Arizona wants to lose out on all those Canuck bucks.

noteven

Turtle Island

View Profile

Posted: 05/22/20 04:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Howie3 wrote:

noteven wrote:

Howie

Totally agree.

Yep. Got some little canoe trips planned on a couple local rivers, some moto camping planned, camper trip or two not involving “campgrounds”.

No need to visit B(ring) C(ash) this year [emoticon]

It will still be beautiful in the future.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> BC Residents only
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.