RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Dicor Roof Sealant. Do I need to use the Part 1 Cleaner?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Dicor Roof Sealant. Do I need to use the Part 1 Cleaner?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
ajriding

st clair

View Profile

Posted: 05/31/20 11:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

no, Lap sealant is so sticky and gooey that as long as there is no obvious dirt, or a layer of skum it will stick. if you are happy with your soap and water cleaning job then you most likely have cleaned it good enough. I have never prepped a surface with special cleaners, maybe rubbing alcohol, but usually just car wash soap or just windex and it always seals.

SamanthaNichols

2046 Hillcrest Drive Tacoma, WA 98402

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/20 03:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I used Dicor 501LSW-1 for my roof. The combination of Dicor Lap Sealant with Eternabond changed my olf roof into a new one. Good product. Easy to apply and looks professional. I replaced a skylight and used this material to seal the seams. It does flow out and expands quite well. It does not flow and settle out like water but is sort of like a runny putty. Flows easily and was quite easy to spread a little as needed with a putty knife. I definitely recommend this stuff!

spoon059

Just north of D.C.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/29/20 07:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ajriding wrote:

no, Lap sealant is so sticky and gooey that as long as there is no obvious dirt, or a layer of skum it will stick. if you are happy with your soap and water cleaning job then you most likely have cleaned it good enough. I have never prepped a surface with special cleaners, maybe rubbing alcohol, but usually just car wash soap or just windex and it always seals.

He's not talking about lap sealant, he is putting some protectant layer over his whole roof.

OP, most of us have never wasted our time with anything like that. The Dicor roofing material lasts longer than your RV will. The only thing that NEEDS maintenance is your lap sealant/caulked seams. Anything else is just to make yourself feel better.

2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Dicor Roof Sealant. Do I need to use the Part 1 Cleaner?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.