RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Most expensive camp chair!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Most expensive camp chair!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/20 07:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WTP-GC wrote:

Owner of multiple YETI coolers, multiple YETI cups and a few other brands of similarly constructed coolers. I a.ways chuckle when people say they aren’t worth the money and that the product is over-hyped. The brand is irrelevant to me, but the quality of the product speaks for itself.

Brand equals status, confidence, spirit of accomplishment, pride, etc. It sometimes also equals a statement of quality. Everyone on this board is guilty of it to some extent. Raise your hand if you have never ever, EVER paid more for something just because it was a certain brand...perhaps even because you expected it to be better based on the name. Maybe you paid $5K or $10K more to get that truck with the certain trim package that made you “feel better”. Maybe you buy your shoes from a department store instead of WalMart. Maybe you like Charmin UltraSoft instead of the commercial quality stuff you can get for a fraction of the price...which does the same job. But maybe you just haven’t YET decided to spend a little more on a camping chair.

My hand is raised.
bumpy

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/20 07:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PA12DRVR wrote:

I've got a Yeti cooler that is XX years old and still keeps stuff cold very well (it is in Alaska though..). Same thing with a Yeti hot cup. ...and those are worth the 20? 40? percent premium to me.

However, even though with my build I have to get the super heavy duty camp chairs, paying 200 - 300% for a Yeti branded product over a store brand isn't in the cards.

I still don't understand how the Yeti insulated cup knows to keep hot things hot and cold things cold. exactly, How does it know?
bumpy

dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/03/20 08:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most of my family's camping is boondocking in the Mojave desert in the wintertime and it gets pretty chilly out there. Years ago we switched to Camping World's bulky Club Chairs and I'll never buy a different chair until I'm convinced of a revolutionary advance in chair technology. These things are comfortable and warm.

They only last about three years, but the "protection plan" that they upsell you on is good for two or three replacements (I forget).

[image]

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/03/20 08:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I do use my 20 oz YETI mug for my coffee every day and swear by it.. I NORMALLY do get what you pay for, BUT . . . .

I am NOT in that $300 chair club.. I may splurge and spend $75 if DW really likes a chair.... but $300?? [emoticon]

Heck, we wait and buy our beach chairs from Costco as they are being sold off for the year at discount

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/03/20 09:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston wrote:

Most of my family's camping is boondocking in the Mojave desert in the wintertime and it gets pretty chilly out there. Years ago we switched to Camping World's bulky Club Chairs and I'll never buy a different chair until I'm convinced of a revolutionary advance in chair technology. These things are comfortable and warm.

They only last about three years, but the "protection plan" that they upsell you on is good for two or three replacements (I forget).

[image]

I was with some folks this winter in Arizona that had them, they did look comfortable .

austinjenna

Columbus, Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/04/20 04:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought a few Yeti large mugs and they do work good. I also bought the Walmart brand and they work equally as good

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/20 08:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We bought the Contigo brand mugs from Costco for about $20 and they will keep coffee too hot to drink for hours. Fill it up at 6:00 and it's still hot at noon. We've paid more for mugs that were awful. Quality does not have to cost more.

Too many times "things" just help with showing status, some people find that very important. And also equate price with quality. A Rolex won't usually keep better time than a Timex, but it's a "ROLEX".

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

bigred1cav

ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/04/20 08:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My coffee does not stay in my cup long enough to get cold.

PA12DRVR

Back in God's Country

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/20 09:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bumpyroad wrote:

PA12DRVR wrote:

I've got a Yeti cooler that is XX years old and still keeps stuff cold very well (it is in Alaska though..). Same thing with a Yeti hot cup. ...and those are worth the 20? 40? percent premium to me.

However, even though with my build I have to get the super heavy duty camp chairs, paying 200 - 300% for a Yeti branded product over a store brand isn't in the cards.

I still don't understand how the Yeti insulated cup knows to keep hot things hot and cold things cold. exactly, How does it know?
bumpy

I don't know, but, apparently unlike some of the posters, my Yeti cup knows how better than many others that I have tried.

CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

Durb

NW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/04/20 09:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My monogrammed Yeti Mug was a Christmas present and I love it; unfortunately it is too wide to fit many cup holders. I wonder if it fits the chair's cup holder.

Yeti is marketing genius. Their products are always displayed front and center and are seldom discounted. I would pay a lot for a supremely comfortable camp chair; probably not $300. The Yeti looks to be well made but I can't see it being super comfortable. I will give it a test drive when I see one displayed somewhere.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Most expensive camp chair!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.