|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Advice - tires again

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/20 09:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

2oldman wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

. Good luck getting anything that is not in some way connected to China . Red Wing is no exception .
That's because we want it cheap.
Yep, I do, since I'm not made of money. Why talk like that is a bad thing?
The tone of Mr cummins comment is that he would rather buy American, if that were possible. It probably is possible, but it will cost. Nobody does that, well, most people anyway.

Just trying to be realistic, not bad.

I probably won't continue this as we're getting way off the subject.
Gotcha.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/20 11:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some of y'all are as ignant about boots as you are tires.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/06/20 07:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

2oldman wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

. Good luck getting anything that is not in some way connected to China . Red Wing is no exception .
That's because we want it cheap.
Yep, I do, since I'm not made of money. Why talk like that is a bad thing?

And the more I read about these tires, especially the Sailun, I get the impression some are after the best tire, not the cheapest , and have had a bad experience with Goodyear. I am speaking mainly the S637 Sailun for fifth wheels.

As far as a truck tire, the failure rate is not there, but some want a good tire, with the same mileage as say Toyo, Nitto etc. I'll be happy with 40-45K out of this set of Toyo AT2's I am running. From everything I have read, and its the tire the OP asked about the Sailun Terramax is as good as any at around half the price.

My point, yes a lot are not made of money, and want the best value out of a tire .

* This post was edited 06/06/20 08:15am by cummins2014 *

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 06/06/20 09:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Keep feeding the Communist China machine and pretty darn soon you won't have a job to be able to pay for that CHEAP product. People need to wake up, they are NOT our friends.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 06/06/20 10:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Keep feeding the Communist China machine and pretty darn soon you won't have a job to be able to pay for that CHEAP product. People need to wake up, they are NOT our friends.
Neither are most corporations, but you still have to do business with them at times.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/06/20 11:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well since this is derailed, why the criticism for someone like 12V who supports US made products? And don't get into the weeds about who's chit is assembled in Mexico...
Simple question is all. One would think you'd be proud of someone who try's to support their home team best they can....
If you don't believe in that, you should get off RVnet, as I'm sure there's a protest nearby that could use your help!
Just don't be stupid like that old fart in Buffalo and turn your schrade with the cops into a busted melon! Remember, older "should" mean wiser, but regardless, it means your getting frail!

A1ARealtorRick

Gulf Shores, AL

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/20 10:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Flashman wrote:

Except Ford of course - just ask Fish.

As soon as the US annexes both Canada and Mexico, Fish will be correct!!

. . . never confuse education with intelligence

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/20 10:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

Well since this is derailed, why the criticism for someone like 12V who supports US made products? And don't get into the weeds about who's chit is assembled in Mexico...
Simple question is all. One would think you'd be proud of someone who try's to support their home team best they can....
If you don't believe in that, you should get off RVnet, as I'm sure there's a protest nearby that could use your help!
Just don't be stupid like that old fart in Buffalo and turn your schrade with the cops into a busted melon! Remember, older "should" mean wiser, but regardless, it means your getting frail!
If I had money to burn it wouldn't be an issue, but I don't. The price difference between the Goodyear and the Sailun was nearly $1000. Perhaps your support of the American company will extend to buying my tires for me, because I sure can't afford them. And the quality of the Sailun can't be beat, whereas the Goodyear is a bit suspect.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/20 11:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^ I call bull chit in a big way, or you were getting totally hosed on the Goodyear price.
Talking stick or close to stock size tires apples to apples, right, if your truck is a srw, the GYs were almost $250 MORE a piece? Or dually they were $150 more a piece?
This doesn’t prove Sailuns are a better value. It proves that either your making chit up to support your story or you’re a terrible shopper.

Arcamper

Fayetteville, AR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/17/20 02:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My Vietnam made Sailuns have been great so far. Played the Michelin game before and won't waste my money on them no matter where they are made. My tire guy recommended the Sailuns and said he is seeing great results from them. I told him a lot of people say Michelins are a better value and he just laughed and said they were for him because he makes double the profit on them. Time will tell but so far I really like them.
[image]

2016 Montana 3100RL Legacy(LT's,Joy Rider 2's,disc brakes)
2014 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Cummins/Aisin 14,000 GVWR
2014 Ford Expedition Limited, HD tow pkg
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
1999 Stingray 240LS
1994 Chevy 1500 5.7 PU
2018 John Deere 1025R
B&W RVK3600 Hitch

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Advice - tires again
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.