RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Destinations during this Pandemic scare

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Destinations during this Pandemic scare

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/20 01:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't know about the actual situation with Covid-19 an lock downs and the whys and wherefores but there are places that we can still go to fish and do whatever we want to . I would like to identify some.
have set in the Mohave in the Mh for 7 months and three here with nothing to do and I am about stir crazy or more so than usual.
Around here, to the east there is a cluster as in Nashville of cases among fairly newly arrived Illegals as in Nashville too. But the lakes right here and the river is crowded on weekends..but I don't have a boat and so on.
White River in Arkansas and other Places there still open for trout fishing? Texas Coast if it is safe? and any suggestions where it is safe and not locked down. Don't say the Arizona Desert. Got to go back there and pick up Mh and some other things but that is it. Anything to do in the Big Bend where you can hook up to water and hopefully sewer and there is something to do for a broken down ole Codger? Or let's see Missouri? Some place where a days boat rental isn't 500.00. How about Safe area on Great Lakes on leeward side of the lakes?
No there ain't no place to rent a boat here but over the mountain and 500.00 a day on waters now crowed by Nashvillans.
Aren't any Rallies going on are there, speaking of which I need to get our deposits back on three.
This isn't an orderly or organized bit here but what can you expect at this time of night and waiting on pain meds to kick in [emoticon]
Suggestions suggestions ad maybe see you there.

wanderingaimlessly

SOBOVA

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/20 05:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe southern Id or northern Ut.
The area from Bear Lake up toward Rexburg has a lot of streams, numerous lakes, and should harbor a spot where an (as you call it) old codger can wet a string. And there are boondocking areas around some of them too.
Rexburg/rvparky
Montpelier/Bear Lake, Id.

Jebby14

Windsor Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/20 06:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

might be time to look for a boat (canoes and portAboats can go on the MH)

we recently upgraded our little fishing boat to something more family friendly (wife and i have a 6 and 4 year old) since our camping season has been decimated.

Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

Dick_B

Palos Heights, IL USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/20 06:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A long time ago when we were sailors instead of RVers we put our boat into the Tennessee River, I think around Nashville. Went thru the dam that has a rise of 55 feet as I remember. At the other end of the river is Kentucky Lake in Kentucky (surprise?). Good fishing and a few campgrounds in the area.

* This post was edited 06/18/20 07:25am by Dick_B *

Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

ZINGERLITE

Union Lake, MI

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/20 10:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

definitely a good summer to be a boat owner. we used the camper one night in the driveway so far this year. Used the boat a lot though.

PartyOf Five

Wheaton, IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/20 03:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's not bad out there, since most people are staying away. Most places are closed and so the ones that are open are pretty empty and you can enjoy them with their limited amenities. Think about what you want to do and just go do it. Be safe and wear a mask and all that stuff, but don't stop living your life and the way you know how

PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the creation. 5 yrs, 50k

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.

CavemanCharlie

Storden,MN

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/20 03:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The State and most County Campgrounds in MN are open. But, the bathrooms, showers, interpretive centers, etc remain closed. Iowa is the same way and I think South Dakota is that way too. You just have to look at the maps by county in each state to see where the hot spots are and then avoid them.

free radical

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/20 08:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I only binge watching on travel videos
India
https://youtu.be/gLJy5njInoc

China scary glass bridge

https://youtu.be/Oo0NJsr5m4I

Snow festival in north China
https://youtu.be/RXG_hxFt4Io

* This post was edited 06/18/20 08:35pm by free radical *

kellem

Shenandoah valley,VA

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/20 08:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As an avid bass fisherman and RVer, I've completely given up fishing due to the enormous amount of boat activity on every State park in VA.

30 minute wait at the ramp gets old quick and I'm talking middle of the week.

I'll take soap operas and whoopi goldberg.

crasster

Dallas

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/20 08:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kellem wrote:

As an avid bass fisherman and RVer, I've completely given up fishing due to the enormous amount of boat activity on every State park in VA.

30 minute wait at the ramp gets old quick and I'm talking middle of the week.

I'll take soap operas and whoopi goldberg.

LOL

I'm amazed... Same way in TX too. We are not sure to even plan trips.... They are hard to plan anyway but finding open places makes it way harder.

4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Destinations during this Pandemic scare
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.