RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Air Conditioning how many do not use it.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Air Conditioning how many do not use it.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
NRALIFR

Truck Camping Out West

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/20 07:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here’s our local weather history for the last 24 hrs. I suspect that if you were here (Little Rock, AR), or anywhere else in the south, you’d be using your AC just like everyone else.

In a month it will be even hotter, and will stay that way through September at least.

[image]

[emoticon][emoticon]

2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450

mike-uswest

Central Point, OR, USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/20 08:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had our last trailer about 15 years, and only turned it on twice. The last time it didn't work. We usually camp in the boonies with no power so we use the fantastic fan. Seldom use the one in the car either. Just roll the windows down.

Mike

2003 Dodge 2500 CTD, 4X4,
Arctic Fox 25Y

GravelRider

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/20 09:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One of the best upgrades about moving from tent camping to RV camping (besides the wife agreeing to camping this way. lol) was A/C! No way I plan not to use it if temps are high!

ppine

Northern Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/20 09:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I mostly camp where I don't need AC. I like the mountains in summer. The only exception is traveling across low elevation country to get to the mountains. I might find hookups and use AC then, maybe once or twice a year.

PawPaw_n_Gram

On the Road Somewhere

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/20 09:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I was a teenager, we would camp (we didn't have a tent yet, we kids slept in lawn chairs) on a lake in central Arkansas almost every weekend all summer. It was great, but we were sweating before breakfast and while sleeping.

Today with children and grandchildren near Dallas, we spend a lot of time (too much IMHO) in that area. Some years as many as 100 days with temps over 90 degrees.

Not only do I use the AC a lot, but a 30 amp trailer is simply not capable of being comfortable in those conditions.

We are serious when we say that summer does not start in June, it starts in the first two weeks of April - and does not end until a week before Halloween.

The summer (2017) we spent in Washington and Oregon camping for four months at several campgrounds within a half-mile of the ocean was wonderful. Hope to do it again. Didn't see 90 until we got close to Spokane in the last week of August on our way back to Texas.

Full-Time 2014 - ????

“Not all who wander are lost.”
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

corvettekent

Marysville, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/23/20 10:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In the last ten years that we have owned our 5th wheel we have never used the AC.

2007.5 GMC Dually EC/LB, LMM. Banks IQ, Speed Brake, Six Gun. B&W Turnover Ball, Companion Hitch, Amp power steps. Hadley Air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 480 watts of solar MPPT and four 6 volt batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

p220sigman

Tallahassee, FL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/20 10:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Florida in July or August? Really not an option down here. We are fortunate that we can camp year around. We've used the heater and the AC in the same day before in winter.

camperdave

northern, California

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/20 10:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

well last year I used ours a TON. We did a bunch of softball tournaments and they are most always in the most hot places available. I think that's how they plan those things! lol. Anyway, many hours of generator use, and many hours of AC sitting in parking lots between games.

When 'camping' we pretty much never need it as we're either at the beach or in the mountains. But for tournament life it's been a life saver.

2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

bukhrn

Lanexa, Va

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/23/20 10:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This thread should have a Part 2, all those that NEVER use their AC, where do you camp.
We've camped, (or RV'd, which ever you choose)from New England to NC, to Ohio to all over the West and back, and when the heat required it, we used the AC in all of them.

2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund
You can have my RV, when you pry my cold dead fingers from the Steering Wheel

doxiemom11

Paris Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/23/20 11:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We use ours quite often - even in MI in past week it's been 90 and humid. When it's dryer and pleasant outside, door and window opens. When in the south - using both a/c's was not uncommon just to get the temperature inside down to 80. Wouldn't be without A/C.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Air Conditioning how many do not use it.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.