|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Several questions

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
kellem

Shenandoah valley,VA

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/20 01:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I admire your ambition, truly do.

Let the wife drive RV one time years ago and it didn't end well but she's a kitchen girl.

If you and the husband were seasoned RVers then ofcourse, go for it but just learning and having the burden of being fulltime captain,maybe not.

JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/24/20 01:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

An RV has a lot of advantages over trying to stay in motels. That is especially true if you travel a lot and want to see more remote areas. It seems many people get talked into or otherwise buy large RVs. They are going to be expensive, require maintenance, are way more difficult to drive and park and will greatly restrict where you can stay.

Forget the laundry. Instead think about a much smaller unit. What do you really want or need? For me it is a comfortable Queen sized bed, a small refrigerator/freezer, a 3 burner stove, a sink, and definitely a wet bath with a shower. A medium sized truck camper worked fine when my wife and I were full timers with a couple of cats.

Laundry is easy and an RV park is usually the last place I would go. Every major town will have a laundromat. We needed to stop about once a month and filled up a bunch of machines at once. Even living at home I have grown used to the advantages of having a month's worth of underwear, socks, and pocket T shirts. They do not cost a lot or take up much space or require me to do laundry more often than every few weeks.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Several questions
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.