RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Beginning RVing: Fighting zoning ordinances that hurt RV owners

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Fighting zoning ordinances that hurt RV owners

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev
Sponsored By:
austinjenna

Columbus, Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/29/20 04:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

If the rig is in good shape and parked in the driveway I dont get why anyone would not like it.
Im guesing Some people are just sore losers seeing others havin nice toys !
yeah I think thats it

Although his might be in good shape, not all of them will be and then the problems start

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

gkainz

Arvada, CO, USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/20 06:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Having escaped an HOA in CA years ago with the GEICO commercial "Sylvia" as the self-appointed HOA protector, that commercial still makes my blood pressure spike. My ending to that commercial has me yanking her chain saw out of her hands, putting the cut off mailbox over her head and kicking her butt to the curb.

"Trespassing, destruction of private property, assault with a deadly weapon, felony menacing, harassment, and anything else I could think of. Have a nice day, Sylvia!"

'07 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 Quad Cab
'10 Keystone Laredo 245 5er

wapiticountry

Mountain West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/29/20 08:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gkainz wrote:

Having escaped an HOA in CA years ago with the GEICO commercial "Sylvia" as the self-appointed HOA protector, that commercial still makes my blood pressure spike. My ending to that commercial has me yanking her chain saw out of her hands, putting the cut off mailbox over her head and kicking her butt to the curb.

"Trespassing, destruction of private property, assault with a deadly weapon, felony menacing, harassment, and anything else I could think of. Have a nice day, Sylvia!"
You do realize it isn't a documentary? Not only do HOA members not cut down mailboxes and planters, Geckos do not talk and there is no such thing as a "Motaur" half motorcycle - half man. Never has there been an office where a camel walks around saying "What day is it?" every Wednesday. You would be wise to never, ever believe anything you see on TV unless you can verify it on the internet. That's the best way because you are not allowed to put anything on the internet that isn't true. It's a law, you can look it up on the internet.

steveh27

Grosse Pointe Woods, MI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/01/20 05:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I fought my city when they went from allowing rvs, boats, etc if not visible from the street and needing a permit to prove it, to not allowed at all. I had an exemption from the original because I had a Class B and the building dept head said he would treat it like a conversion van. When the new ordinance went into effect I was given notice to remove my "offensive" vehicle within 10 days.

It took 2 years of attending every council session, filing a county law suit vs my city, getting involved in politics and getting 3 new council members elected, and I finally settled on a variance. That means I can keep my rv there forever, but cannot replace it.

I wanted to take this to my state's supreme court, but did not want to spend so much money. None of the 100 permit owners effected would help. Ohio had a lawsuit go to their supreme court and rv's are allowed in the driveway. I wish more states would have suits forcing that and the rv mfrs should help fund them.

I wanted to t

LLeopold

Windsor, CO USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/01/20 08:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A few years ago, Good Sam published a parking rights handbook to assist RV owners in working with their HOA and community establish or modify rules that were more equitable.

The handbook may be found here.

Part of being a Good Sam member is to work with your local chapter to work with the HOA or community. Behind the local chapter is the national Good Sam members who know the "rights and privileges."

Of course, there may be resistance, but with every noble cause, working within the system and patience goes a long way.

Hope this helps.

Lou Leopold
Between RVs at this point
but I continue to tent camp!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Fighting zoning ordinances that hurt RV owners
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.