RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Snowbirds: Snow Birds ??

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Snow Birds ??

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next
Sponsored By:
Rwake901

Central, Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/24/20 10:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To all the snow birds who go to Florida, Texas etc. for the winter are you still planning on going with this COVID-19 thing going on? My wife and I finally retired this spring and were excited about spending the winter in Florida in our new 5th wheel. Now we are not sure what to do. We already went down last year and picked out a place to stay but we are holding off making reservations to see what’s going to happen with this virus. Just wanted to see what everyone else is doing. Thanks

2oldman

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/20 10:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a fifth-wheel and am going. I don't know what Class As or Cs are doing.

IB853347201

Eastern Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/20 10:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have already reserved and plan to winter in South Texas on South Padre Island as usual. Only thing that would stop us would be the US border remaining closed.
I would make your reservations or you may not get in. You can always cancel a few months out and get back most of your money.

Touring in our 2010 Suncruiser, beaches, site seeing, national parks, chillaxing..

RobWNY

Jamestown, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/24/20 10:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We made the hard decision to stay home this winter. Because so many medical professionals are warning about a 2nd wave of infections, we wanted to be where our support system is.

You can't put a porcupine in a barn, set it on fire, and expect to make licorice.
Life is a lot like a baseball pitch. Sometimes you get a fast ball down the middle of the plate and sometimes you get a curve ball in the dirt.

BarneyS

S.E. Lower Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/24/20 11:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moving this to the Snowbird forum where it will probably get more response than here in the 5th wheels.
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/20 12:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If our winter work overseas falls thru because international flights are still limited...our plan is to hook up and head out mid September. We'll figure out where we wind up.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2008 Copper Canyon 5er
Catalac Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and 5er

Likes to tow

Huntington WV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/24/20 12:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can't say about wintering in Florida because we don't do it..However we canceled our annual trip West in September! It's already been shown that the government can throw up a red flag in a heartbeat and you are to stay put...where ever you are. It was discussed back in March that interstate travel could be stopped except for commercial traffic. Thankfully that never happened! News media paints an ugly picture for the pandemic. Too many governors and mayors not controlling violence and destruction in their states and you never know when or where it will flare up and catch you in the middle of it. We are hopeful that after the November election that things will settle down. You probably should wait until then to make your plans for wintering. In my humble opinion this past two months is just a dress rehearsal for the shocking events of October/November.

PawPaw_n_Gram

On the Road Somewhere

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/20 01:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We will be in south Florida. It will be interesting because the park we stay at near Pompano Beach is about 90% French Canadian winter residents and some full-time residents.

Heck, the staff speaks French better than English. But it is very close (8 miles) to my wife's son, and that's THE priority as far as she is concerned.

I'm a good husband. I do what I'm told.

Full-Time 2014 - ????

“Not all who wander are lost.”
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

dhull

apple valley

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/20 01:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have our reservations. If there's a vaccine this fall otherwise DW aint too hung ho, probably won't go...

wapiticountry

Mountain West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/24/20 02:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Illinois has more than twice the confirmed Covid cases per 100,000 residents and a death rate more than triple that of Florida. Maybe going south from Illinois is the safe move.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Snow Birds ??
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.