|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Honda Eu3000 Problem

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
TECMike

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/20 11:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just want to add, for those who may attempt the carb cleaning job, my carb looked perfectly clean. It was spotless.

Apparently there was some unseen minor dirt or something hid in one of the jets or body that the cleaning removed.

Hope the above helps someone.
Mike

dieseltruckdriver

Black Hills of SD

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/20 11:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TECMike wrote:

Just want to add, for those who may attempt the carb cleaning job, my carb looked perfectly clean. It was spotless.

Apparently there was some unseen minor dirt or something hid in one of the jets or body that the cleaning removed.

Hope the above helps someone.
Mike

I have no experience to speak of with the 3000, on one of my EU2000 Hondas, it would surge if the choke wasn't part way on when I bought it used. I cleaned the carb and was sure I had it very clean. It acted the same when I reassembled it, so I took it apart again. I found only one of the emulsion tube holes had a very tiny speck in it, and apparently that is all it took, because it runs perfect to this day.

2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

TECMike

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/21/20 12:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Amazing how a little bit of unseen contamination can cause problems. Hope this information will help others with their issues.

Crabbypatty

Long Island, New York

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/20 03:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thats interesting. I have my carb cleaned once as it was running rough. I always run the gas dry. Ive owned this since 2004 and always use Startron in my gas which cleans and stabilizes the fuel. Great machine.

John, Lisa & Tara">">">
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

TECMike

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/24/20 04:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As I mentioned, it has a carb fuel drain screw that is easily seen and accessible when you open the side panel door. It function is to drain fuel from the carb and gas line when the generator is going to be stored for a while.

Easy to use. As mentioned before, I did not even know it was there all these years. Never too old to learn, I guess.

TECMike

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/24/20 04:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As I mentioned, it has a carb fuel drain screw that is easily seen and accessible when you open the side panel door. It function is to drain fuel from the carb and gas line when the generator is going to be stored for a while.

Easy to use. As mentioned before, I did not even know it was there all these years. Never too old to learn, I guess.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Honda Eu3000 Problem
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.