|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Opinion: 1986 Pace Arrow 27FT Motorhome Chevy Chassis

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Racklefratz

Everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/20 03:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rhudson1111 wrote:

One more question... If it has an onboard generator and 350watt solar. Do I need to actually purchase a gas generator right away?

I don't understand the question. What kind of "gas" do you contemplate generating, and why? The claimed "onboard generator" ought to satisfy your generator needs.

Please explain.

2012 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QGP

fcooper

St. Augustine, Florida

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/20 06:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The onboard generator should supply all of your electrical needs, so I do not see the need to buy another generator.

Regarding " It better not change lanes by itself! lol. I will have a heart attack! I wasn't even planning to test drive...just getting the pre-inspection done and have someone else drive it the 80 miles home so I can practice in familiar so cal neighborhoods. " I think you will be increasing your chances of buying something that does not handle well if you do not drive it yourself. When we were looking for our first motorhome, we drove many...some were good and some were white knuckle experiences.

Good luck with your motorhome hunt.

Fred

Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

jumanjii1

Richmond, VA

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/20 03:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Buy as new an RV as you can and stay away from the old ones, even if they're giving it away. To call them money pits is an understatement. Mine's an 87 that I've owned since 2014. It still won't pass inspection no matter what I try. I just purchase a Trip Permit for five bucks and drive on down to the camp site. Believe me, all RV's are troublesome but that's because they're complicated and have many systems that need constant attention. Even my inlaws RV gave her trouble, and that was a 2001 Intruder. What a shitbox that was. I was always working on it. But aside from all the work we put into owning one, we just love it, love camping and just driving to our next destination. Our friends do it and so do we.
Good Luck

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Opinion: 1986 Pace Arrow 27FT Motorhome Chevy Chassis
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.