RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Battery replacements in 2013 Chevy Silverado 2500 Diesel

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Battery replacements in 2013 Chevy Silverado 2500 Diesel

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/20 01:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

midnightsadie wrote:

there must be away you can disconnect both some kind of part you plug in.I,ve seen the after math of a battery explode ain,t pretty.

Yup, it’s called unhooking them.....
How on earth would you splode a battery if you touched a hot cable to ground?
I mean unless you had the balls to hold it there? Lol

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

SweetLou

La Quinta, CA USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/20 06:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would buy mine at Costco since they take back bad stuff with no questioned asked. It happens to get bad batteries. Then just take them down to an independant mechanic and pay to have them installed. Less headache while you read a magazine. Then take the old ones to costco for the core charge reversed.

* This post was edited 06/30/20 07:09am by SweetLou *

2013 3500 Cummins 6.7 Quadcab 4x4 3.73 68FE Trans, 2007 HitchHiker Discover America 329 RSB
We love our Westie

ACZL

UPstate,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/30/20 07:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FWIW check with local Interstate battery store/dealer as well. Want to say they did mine on my old '03 F250 6.0 in their parking lot.

2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

miltvill

Ft. Lauderdale FL

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/20 07:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Got both of my batteries at Costco for my 08 replaced them twice over the years. Not that hard to replace. My 2020 has some fuse panels mounted on top of the batteries. A little more work but not that hard. The batteries on my 08 and 2020 are in the same place. One in front on drivers side and the other in the back on the passenger side. Check the owners manual for additional information. Costco had the best price for Interstate batteries.

2020 GMC Denali\Duramax 3500HD Dually Crew Cab
Sold-Trail Cruiser TC23QB

IdaD

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/20 03:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I got my last set of truck batteries from Batteries Plus Bulbs because it was the only place open I could find that had them in stock at the time, and I was actually pretty happy with them. They swapped the batteries for me for free. I think the batteries may have been about $175 each plus tax. Les Schwab would install for free too but I would bet their prices are higher, albeit probably less than the dealer with the service fee. Honestly I think a dealership service department is generally only good for warranty work.

One area where the diesel trucks are unavoidably more expensive than their gas counterparts are battery replacements, and unfortunately I tend to only get about 4 years out of my batteries before I start having trouble.

2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

dpgllg

South West Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/01/20 05:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OP Here,

I had both batteries tested today at Advance Auto Parts. Both checked out okay so I guess I'm going to wait and just keep getting them tested. Probably may consider replacing before cold weather.

Thanks!

Dave

2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus two Cocker Spaniels and a Standard Poodle

Bedlam

PNW

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/20 08:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ten nuts or bolts on my Ram using four different size sockets and a step stool. It was harder than my previous Ford, but can be done. Is the GM that much worse?

Chevy Sonic 1.8-Honda Passport C70B-Host Mammoth 11.5-Interstate Car Carrier 20-Joyner SandViper 250-Kawasaki Concours ZG1000-Paros 8' flatbed-Pelican Decker DLX 8.75-Ram 5500 HD-Tank Urban Touring 150SE-VW TransBuggy 1200

ACZL

UPstate,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/02/20 02:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dpgllg wrote:

OP Here,

I had both batteries tested today at Advance Auto Parts. Both checked out okay so I guess I'm going to wait and just keep getting them tested. Probably may consider replacing before cold weather.

Thanks!

Dave

Did Advance disconnect the wires from each battery and test w/o them? Just asking cuz it could be possible that may get a good read when it's actually not. But that being said, given the current batteries are 7 maybe 8 years old (time of actual manure date), why not just go ahead and replace them now and not worry wether or not they won't start the truck?

Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/02/20 05:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ACZL wrote:

dpgllg wrote:

OP Here,

Thanks!

Dave

Did Advance disconnect the wires from each battery and test w/o them? Just asking cuz it could be possible that may get a good read when it's actually not. But that being said, given the current batteries are 7 maybe 8 years old (time of actual manure date), why not just go ahead and replace them now and not worry wether or not they won't start the truck?

You only need to take one wire off of one battery to test them separately. My wonderful Ford dealer had no clue that they needed two separate tests.

dpgllg

South West Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/02/20 07:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lynnmor wrote:

ACZL wrote:

dpgllg wrote:

OP Here,

Thanks!

Dave

You only need to take one wire off of one battery to test them separately. My wonderful Ford dealer had no clue that they needed two separate tests.

The technician did disconnect something and ran the test on both batteries.

I would go ahead and replace them now but financially if I can wait a little it would be much better for me as I'm on a fixed disability income and a $400 expense is much better when budgeted and planned for.

Dave

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Battery replacements in 2013 Chevy Silverado 2500 Diesel
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.