|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> 2008 Silverado door locks

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
8ntw8tn

Southeast Iowa & Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/20 09:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We recently acquired an '08 Sliverado 3500 LTZ. Among the things I'm trying to learn is how to program the automatic door locks, but I'm not sure it has that feature. I've programmed the locks to automatically unlock when the shift lever is put in "park", but I can't seem to find any category in the Driver Information Center regarding the locking function. The owner's manual gives pretty good instructions on how to do it, but it also says that all functions may not be available, depending on how the vehicle was ordered. Is it possible the "unlock" function was installed but the "lock" function was not? Seems improbable, and it's more likely that I'm overlooking something pretty simple. I'd appreciate some guidance, or confirmation that the function may no be available. I suppose, as a last resort, I could take it to the local dealer and they may (for a fee, of course) be able to shed some light on the topic. Thanks for any replies.

'08 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax;
'10 Carriage Cameo F35FWS
Det 1 56th SOWg

BFL13

Victoria, BC

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/20 09:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our 2003 LT Chev truck has some of that. You go through the menu pushing buttons and all these choices come up for each thing like leave the lights on for a time after you park, etc.

If the door lock choice you want isn't there when you get to that part and have to pick something, it isn't there.

You can find what the truck came with by all those codes on the label in the glove box

1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
See Profile for House electronics set-up.
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas

Roger10378

Goodrich, MI.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/30/20 10:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2007.5 which is identical to the 2008. I would be surprised if it would unlock but not lock. On mine the lock and unlock are located one after the other.

2005 Cardinal 30TS
2007 Chevy 2500HD D/A

rhagfo

Portland, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/30/20 11:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not
Sure if I would program to unlock in park. Our Ram is set to unlock when you open a door, crazy car hijackers.

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

GaryUT

Northern UT

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/20 07:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

8ntw8tn wrote:

Is it possible the "unlock" function was installed but the "lock" function was not?

If you can set the lock preference the unlock is there too. The ignition has to be ON and the truck in PARK to access the setting menu. Press the customize button (3rd one down) until the auto unlock setting is displayed, press set button (bottom one) ONCE to access the settings for this option, then use the customize button to scroll through the choices, press set when the choice you want is displayed.

I set mine to lock when shifting from park, unlock when key is removed.

Gary

2019 Keystone Laredo 255SRL
2009 GMC Sierra 2500 4x4 Crew cab short bed

mobeewan

Hampton, Va

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/20 12:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On my 2003 Silverado I changed mine to unlock when I pull the key out of the ignition. At night I've had panhandlers at convenience stores walk up beside my truck waiting for me to get out to ask for money. The first time it scared the cr@p out of me because I didn't see him until I opened the door and swung my legs out to stand up.

After that I reset it to unlock when I remove the key from the ignition and always check my side mirrors before pulling the key out. I was concerned someone who wanted to rob me might want to surprise me by yanking the door open when I put it in park before I am ready to get out.

* This post was last edited 07/01/20 12:34am by mobeewan *   View edit history

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> 2008 Silverado door locks
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.