RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Public Lands, Boondocking and Dry Camping: Costco batteries

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Public Lands, Boondocking and ...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Blazing Zippers

North Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/20 10:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've had Costco 6 volts on three trailers now. The last set lasted less than 10 months and two went bad. Costco said to bring all of them back to replace--I did. They do honor the product.
I think a better choice would be Trojan 105's. They cost more, but maybe you get what you pay for.
Would I buy more Costco batteries? I don't know.

cliffy49

Blue Grass

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/07/20 08:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I want to thank everyone for their help in this matter. I think I will pay the 10% upcharge and purchase batteries from Sams Club.

cliffy49
2016 F150 Ecoboost & max tow
2018 Catalina TH26 Toy hauler

gkainz

Arvada, CO, USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/20 02:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought a pair of Costco 6v batteries last month, even after seeing a recent uptick on negative reviews. Hopefully I either got a good pair or a pair that will die before the warranty ...

'07 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 Quad Cab
'10 Keystone Laredo 245 5er

harley4275

Belle River, On

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/20 05:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cliffy49 wrote:

I want to thank everyone for their help in this matter. I think I will pay the 10% upcharge and purchase batteries from Sams Club.

Probably the same batteries as Costco just different name...go trojan 105 like suggested and done for yrs.

2013 Sunset Trail 25RB TT
2015 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0 l gasser.
Equilizer 4 pt
From Belle River, Ontario
2003 Mountain Star 890sbrx Truck Camper

cliffy49

Blue Grass

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/08/20 07:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

harley4275 wrote:

cliffy49 wrote:

Probably the same batteries as Costco just different name...go trojan 105 like suggested and done for yrs.

It is really difficult to justify the T-105s at $150+ core charge if boondocking is not something we are comfortable with. I realize that they are probably the top choice but since we have never tried boondocking before I simply can not afford to spend that kind of money on batteries.

mrw8i

Home

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/20 07:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My 35' Toy Hauler has four 5-year old Costco (cheap Interstate), still going strong. I have a watering system on them so easy to add water every month.

My 17' trailer has two 5-year old Costco, both bad. I did not keep up with adding water, because it's difficult to get to them, I should have put a watering system on them. Today I bought two new Costco (cheap Interstate) batteries to replace the two that went bad (my negligence).

Grodyman

Enemy Territory

View Profile

Posted: 09/23/20 05:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have had great luck with them, but they are 210 amp hours vs. the 225 amp hours of the white Interstates and Trojans. Usually more than enough though for 3-5 day boondocking.
Gman

2017 F150 CC/5.5' 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost/3.55
2018 Passport Ultra-Lite 153ML

Gjac

Milford, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/26/20 07:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

harley4275 wrote:

cliffy49 wrote:

I have been hearing the same thing. My Sam's club batteries I bought in 2007 are still good and I think they were Duracell. They were half the price of the Trojan 105's that only lasted 4 years. I think Sam's and Costco change from year to year. There have been more recent reports of Battery Plus 6v GC batteries holding up well, I think they are Duracell.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Public Lands, Boondocking and ...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.