|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Reddog1 "Wayne"

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Z-Peller

Oceanside BC

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/20 09:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sad to hear. Lost a BIL to pancreatic cancer a few years ago. RIP Reddog1.

Bill..
2017 Bigfoot 10.4 camper...2016 GMC 3500 4x4 Xcab Duramax Dually...

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/20 09:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wayne and I did not get along. I'm sure he was helpful to many folks here. I hope his TC in the sky was ready, waiting and defect free.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Naio

Snug as a bug in a rug

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/20 11:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ski Pro 3 wrote:

I lived just 10 minutes from Wayne's and got to spend a lot of time with him over the past few years. Wayne went out in style, doing the things he loved; working on his truck, Samurai and RC trucks as well as getting in some serious play time on his tractor. He was in great spirits through his illness right to the end. I never heard him complain once about his lot having it. Just that he needed some help getting things set up for his wife before his time came. I will miss him tremendously.
Jerry

Thank you for posting this, it is beautiful. I'm so sorry for your loss, and that of everyone here.

3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

covered wagon

USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/20 12:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pianotuna wrote:

Wayne and I did not get along. I'm sure he was helpful to many folks here. I hope his TC in the sky was ready, waiting and defect free.

Wayne was cool.... he showed a generous good will even toward folks
like me. God Bless him.

54suds

adk mts.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/03/20 07:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I always appreciated his patience with how he managed the site.

2020 Chev 6.6 (GAS) lt regular cab ,drw,4x/torklift tdn's,
1999 Bigfoot 1011

JohnAM

Lake Goodwin Wa

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/20 10:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RIP Reddog. Wayne was personally helpful to me in setting up a flat towing system for my Jeep. He will be missed.

2011 RAM 3500 CTD Laramie DRW 4x4, Torklift, Superhitch, Stableloads
06 Dodge 3500 CTD Quad DRW 4x4 6sp Man, TorkLift, Superhitch, Stableloads, KYB Monomax (Traded in)
11 Lance 1191
97 Lance 980 (Sold)

K Mac

Lower Hudson Valley N.Y.

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/20 12:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RIP, you will be missed.

restlessways

Limbo

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/04/20 12:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RIP. I mostly read around here, and remember seeing a lot of his posts. He seemed very helpful and considerate.

BradW

Mayor of Flat Rock

View Profile

Posted: 07/04/20 10:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, as many of you know (excluding Admin) I was the first RV.net Truck Camper Forum mod. I did that job for 5 or 6 years until it became too much for me. I asked Admin for help. Admin selected Wayne as the co-mod. Wayne was a perfect fit. He and I got along great and Wayne’s presence and support allowed me to stay another 5 or 6 years until it was finally time for me to go. Wayne continued for another 3 or 4 years after I left before he passed the torch to the next TC Mod.

I really liked working with Wayne because we both shared the same philosophy on doing as little moderation as possible and giving the members as much freedom as possible. We first looked for a reason not to moderator a member’s post instead of looking for a reason to screw around with it for some minor reason. I’ve always thought of forums as living breathing things and an overbearing nitpicking moderator can choke the life out of a forum; forums need room and freedom to breath. Wayne and I both focused our time more on trolls, bullies, and folks trying to use the forum to benefit themselves financially.

After I left, Wayne and I still exchanged emails. I first learned of his serious illness several months ago. I knew it was very serious, but he was always incredibly positive in his communication. I had not heard from him in a few weeks and I just sent him an email on Wednesday to check on him....then I found this thread on the forum.

I once stood by the bedside of a close friend dying of lung cancer. He told me that he had wasted his life. While I did not agree with that at all, I still thought how sad it was that someone would think that in their final days. Separated by 2,500 miles, I did not know a lot about Wayne, but I do know he did not waste his life. As others have said, he was always eager to help anyone in need of help. He helped me last several more years as forum co-mod and he offered our jeep club a spot on his property to camp when we planned to go out West to the Rubicon Trail. But Wayne’s biggest impact on helping others was his roll as instructor at San Quentin Prison. I’m sure there are countless people who were able to turn their life around with the lessons Wayne taught them in his classroom. He will be missed.

While I swapped 1,000’s of emails/messages with Wayne and spoke to him on the phone several times, I never met him in person. If anyone has a photo or video of Wayne they could post, I would appreciate it.

Bigfootford, Thanks for posting that video of Wayne on the Rubicon Trail getting some air in his Zuki. He told me about his rig many times and I told him about mine. I tried many times to get Wayne to join us in Silverton, Colorado one summer, but the timing never worked out.

As NRALIFR posted, “Wayne was a good member, moderator, and person.” Enough said.

Brad

* This post was last edited 07/04/20 07:57pm by BradW *   View edit history

Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 07/04/20 01:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rest In Peace Wayne. May God Bless you and your family.

Camper Jeff and Kelli's Blog!
CITAP1 Jeff's YouTube Channel
A CLOSED MOUTH GATHERS NO FEET!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Reddog1 "Wayne"
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.