|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> 2021 Ford Bronco

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
ShinerBock

LVTX

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/21 06:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

Who effin cares....
PS, little obsessive if your searching someone's old posts just to prove some point that noone cares aboot....

Okay? Although, when I generally don't care about something I typically don't even bother to read or respond to it.

Also, I don't back down from any debate, argument, or fight if I feel that I am correct about my opinion or a fact. It is jut not my nature, and I understand that not everyone is the same so I generally try not to chastise them for it and let them be.

I don't feel that I was wrong in stating that an IFS is not ideal for my kind of off roading and I will keep defending that opinion as long as those like Fish try to keep telling me I am wrong on what I think is best for "my" off roading. If roles were reversed and the Wrangler had the IFS and the Bronco had solid axles, then I would say that the Bronco was the better for the two for my kind of off roading.

2014 Ram 2500 CTD
Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/21 10:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

The new Broncos are certainly bad @ss. Now if Ford can price point them to not be so ridiculously priced like the Wrangler Rubis and Gladiators they will mop up the competition!

.....we looked at "them" recently. If you think they are expensive in the US, wait till you see the Canadian price: for the base 4-door Black Diamond: $52,094 CAD! Exact same model in the US $40,685 USD ($50,470 CAD).

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/21 10:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

....anyone ever see a Brenthel Industries IFS doing the Baja at 70 MPH flying 8 feet above the desert rock? Just throw one of those super long travel front ends on a Bronco, and Bob's your uncle LOL

IFS-->

....anyone know if a good flat tow option is out there yet for a Bronco?

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/21 07:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here's a picture of the Bronco Raptor vs a Bronco Sasquatch. We don't need this much off road capability but the Raptor sure looks aggressive and looks like it riding on 37's.

[image]

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs
"200k Mile Club"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

RobertRyan

Australia

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/21 11:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ford Bronco was designed and developed in Australia, but will not be sold here. Also the same development Centre is doing the new Ford Ranger and VW Amarok
Ford Bronco development in Australia
Quote:

This is despite the fact that the new Bronco project was largely engineered in Melbourne, since it is a derivative of the T6 Ranger project that has its homeroom base in Australia, using the basic chassis components of a truck that is obviously available in right-hand drive.

Huntindog

Phoenix AZ

View Profile

Posted: 10/09/21 04:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Over the years there has been constant bashing of GMs decision long ago to retire their SFAs..... Now that Ford is leaning in this direction, a lot of the same people think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread...... OK boys, welcome to the 21st century.

Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1380watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountryC CD/A 4X4 DRW

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 10/09/21 05:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Huntindog wrote:

Over the years there has been constant bashing of GMs decision long ago to retire their SFAs..... Now that Ford is leaning in this direction, a lot of the same people think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread...... OK boys, welcome to the 21st century.

As far back as the 1980s Ford F250, 150, and Ranger all had IFS. A different type of design but still a IFS. In 1999 when the Super Duty line came out Ford went to a SFA on the F250.

blt2ski

Kirkland, Wa

View Profile

Posted: 10/09/21 06:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fish,
Was that not the "twin traction" something or other front end?
Iirc it was ok. I was seriously thing about a 96 crew cab from Ford, the 250 was a horrible turning truck with it, vs the 350 with the sofa excellent tight radius, GM ifs was in the middle. 5' or so difference between them.

Went with a GM, not smartest choice, but still wish I had it, even with the 6.5TD.

Marty

92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 10/09/21 07:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

blt2ski wrote:

Fish,
Iirc it was ok. I was seriously thing about a 96 crew cab from Ford, the 250 was a horrible turning truck with it, vs the 350 with the sofa excellent tight radius, GM ifs was in the middle. 5' or so difference between them.

Went with a GM, not smartest choice, but still wish I had it, even with the 6.5TD.

Marty

I don't recall the names of those Ford suspension but "twin traction" sounds familiar, but the F350 had a solid axle. Back then I had a '87 and '92 Chevy trucks.

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/09/21 07:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

blt2ski wrote:

Fish,

Marty

I don't recall the names of those Ford suspension but "twin traction" sounds familiar, but the F350 had a solid axle. Back then I had a '87 and '92 Chevy trucks.

Come on guys, you that young [emoticon] It was twin I beam . Fish , here I thought you were the blue oval guy .

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> 2021 Ford Bronco
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.