RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Big truck dealer in Idaho?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Big truck dealer in Idaho?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
PA12DRVR

Back in God's Country

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/20 10:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Purchased several vehicles from Dave Smith "back in the day"...which means decades ago with Los Anchorage as the destination. They could almost always underprice the Alaska dealer (Chevy) by enough that, if one had the time, it offset the cost of to / from travel plus saved a bit. The vehicles I purchased there were for a commercial contractor and it was always easier to find the truck I was looking for from Dave Smith and to get Dave Smith to facilitate the additions than to try to get that truck up in AK and fight to find a shop that would do the additions needed.

The last time I considered using them (probably 10 years ago), I was in Houston and they couldn't compete with local pricing.

CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

covetsthesun

missouri

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/20 08:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

punomatic wrote:

I've bought several pickups and SUVs through vehixbuyers.com. Syd Dorn is an auto broker in Portland. He is very honest and reliable. He and his family have done much to change the laws in Oregon protecting consumers in the auto market. He can find you the vehicle you want anywhere in the country, usually within 48 hours. He does the negotiating; all you do is the test drive and sign the papers on the one you choose. DW and I and our family won't "shop" anywhere else. NOTE: I don't work for or get anything by referring people to Syd. I just hate the car buying process, but Syd has taken all the pain out of it. Good luck in your search.

I looked him up... I would love to find someone like him in Missouri!

covetsthesun

missouri

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/20 08:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know trucks are a national market now...seems everyone wants one more than ever. Does anyone know of a personal buyer that's located in Missouri or Kansas? I've looked at everything from Carmax to CarFax and it's mind numbing combing through the offerings.
Thanks! cts

travelnman

Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 08/02/20 03:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OK so the world changed it did for me also, shocked at first. Thought those old people were never going to be me. Here is my take, do you get tired easily just tying your shoes, walking, lifting and need to rest. If yes you need to sit down and accept your end or you can pop up hit the trail, turn off the TV (especially the news programs) and show folks how its done. This activity is pure fun with new trails and sites to see. Gas now is cheap your living in a era we will never see again but keep your investment moderate unless you just hit the lottery or have a pension most of us only dream off. You will make friends that last for ever and learn about places to visit that can make you a happy camper for ever. Some of our state parks have nice cabins that are fun if pulling a RV is too nerve racking. Hit the national parks to they are almost free for seniors, vets, etc. Stay a while relax you earned it and you and I own it.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 08/02/20 01:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^Whats this have to do with finding a deal on a truck??

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

mtofell1

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 08/02/20 01:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A couple years ago my friend named Dave Smith bought a truck from Dave Smith. I always thought he should have got something for that.... even just a hat.... something. [emoticon]

covetsthesun

missouri

View Profile

Posted: 08/02/20 02:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

travelnman wrote:

OK so the world changed it did for me also, shocked at first. Thought those old people were never going to be me. Here is my take, do you get tired easily just tying your shoes, walking, lifting and need to rest. If yes you need to sit down and accept your end or you can pop up hit the trail, turn off the TV (especially the news programs) and show folks how its done. This activity is pure fun with new trails and sites to see. Gas now is cheap your living in a era we will never see again but keep your investment moderate unless you just hit the lottery or have a pension most of us only dream off. You will make friends that last for ever and learn about places to visit that can make you a happy camper for ever. Some of our state parks have nice cabins that are fun if pulling a RV is too nerve racking. Hit the national parks to they are almost free for seniors, vets, etc. Stay a while relax you earned it and you and I own it.

Very nicely said![emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Big truck dealer in Idaho?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.