|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Cracker Barrel

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
A1ARealtorRick

Gulf Shores, AL

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/20 06:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

In Texas, it's Yawl, yawl. [emoticon]

Yawl is a 2-masted sailing ship, where y'all is a contraction for 'you all'.

yawl
/yôl/
noun: yawl; plural noun: yawls

a two-masted fore-and-aft-rigged sailboat with the mizzenmast stepped far aft so that the mizzen boom overhangs the stern.
Many words are not limited to a single definition. That is your definition, and mine is mine. [emoticon]

No, mine is the dictionary definition......and yours is yours [emoticon]

. . . never confuse education with intelligence

travelnutz

West Michigan - On the Lakeshore

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/20 07:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We do Cracker Barrels a lot and have for 30+ years, about 40-45 different locations. Our longest rig we use is 50' 7" long. A 29' Carriage 5th wheel behind our GM diesel crew cab long box truck. the 5th wheel has a 2' X 7-1/2' welded rack across the back we carry many items on. Never had any issues getting in or out of a Cracker Barrel yet. However, we do totally fill the RV space plus usually up to a foot of length. There are some Cracker barrels that do have shorter RV spaces and we know we'd be too long so we just choose another Cracker Barrel. We DO like their food and it is NOT greasy and that's why we go there when RV'ing. Can't say we have ever had a bad meal there.

It's so great after traveling all day to have a place to park overnight in a secure lighted RV site only a short walking distance from a nice hot meal waiting for you. Then if wanted, a nice breakfast before you leave the next day. Short walking distance is important to us as my wife is disabled and a long walking distance is totally out!

It's our 52nd year of extensive RV'ing with many different types of RV's. now so we sure aren't new to RV'ing. There are a lot of Cracker Barrels to choose from when traveling so just pick the one for you. A 30' class C should fit in every Cracker Barrel that has RV and bus parking. Simply use your cellphone or Laptop and go to Google Maps and you can view the RV parking area at a Cracker Barrel before you get there so no there are no surprises.

We so disagree with those who say their food is not good as it sure is and very reasonable and is why they have been in business since 1969 and still growing while so many other restaurants have failed or were closed. Tells you something!!!

A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/20 08:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"...they have been in business since 1969 and still growing while so many other restaurants have failed or were closed. Tells you something!!!"

That mediocrity is alive and well? [emoticon]

* This post was edited 07/28/20 08:26pm by fj12ryder *

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

mdcamping

CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/29/20 05:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

Bird Freak wrote:

Has anyone else noticed that most of the people that don't like CB are from the north? Maybe yall just don't like SOUTHERN cooking. I know when I was trucking I hated the food up north.

Cracker Barrel is SOUTHERN cooking. Northerners typically prefer blander, less seasoned food (I know, because I grew up in Michigan with that kind of fare). Accept CB for what it is. If you don't like it, don't eat there -- simple as that.

You have never had my Cajun shrimp! [emoticon] [emoticon]

Mike

07 Toyota Tacoma,Double Cab, Max Towing 6,500lbs GCWR 11,100lbs
2011 Jayco X20E, Pro Series 800lb Weight Distributing Hitch
Husky Sway Bar, Prodigy Electronic Brake Control
McKesh Mirrors. "Towing with 210K"

Where we have camped

JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/30/20 07:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CB is known for fairly good high quantity eating. I have stopped for dinner a few times and can usually find some choices I like. Again it is mostly quantity. When it comes to breakfast there seems to be two choices at CB or elsewhere. You can opt for high fat: eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns. You can even opt for the worst of the worst; biscuits and gravy; i.e., cooked wheat and lard smothered with liquid lard and wheat. If you don't want all the fat, then your other choice is carbs on top of carbs; pancakes with artificial maple flavored, high fructose corn syrup.

Then there is a balance with hot or cold cereal, fruit and milk. You might as well just eat that in the RV.

jimbo4UT

Stafford Virginia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/30/20 07:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Unless your going to come cook for me in the morning, i'll pass on your idea.

[emoticon]

F-TROUP

VISALIA, CALIF

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/31/20 12:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not bad for TV dinners, just like Denney's in the old days.

F-TROUP

VISALIA, CALIF

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/31/20 12:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JimK-NY wrote:

CB is known for fairly good high quantity eating. I have stopped for dinner a few times and can usually find some choices I like. Again it is mostly quantity. When it comes to breakfast there seems to be two choices at CB or elsewhere. You can opt for high fat: eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns. You can even opt for the worst of the worst; biscuits and gravy; i.e., cooked wheat and lard smothered with liquid lard and wheat. If you don't want all the fat, then your other choice is carbs on top of carbs; pancakes with artificial maple flavored, high fructose corn syrup.

Just what the "Greatest Generation was raised on" kinda makes you hungry.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/20 02:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

F-TROUP wrote:

JimK-NY wrote:

Just what the "Greatest Generation was raised on" kinda makes you hungry.
And kind of makes you understand why the "Greatest Generation" has such high incidences of heart disease and diabetes. [emoticon]

JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/31/20 04:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

And kind of makes you understand why the "Greatest Generation" has such high incidences of heart disease and diabetes. [emoticon]

You forgot to mention the rest of the triad: obesity.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Cracker Barrel
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.