RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Cracker Barrel

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > Cracker Barrel

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

Senior Member

Joined: 07/04/2006

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/31/20 05:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JimK-NY wrote:


Then there is a balance with hot or cold cereal, fruit and milk. You might as well just eat that in the RV.


True but some days I want something I'm not prepared to cook in ye old home on wheels. or perhaps I just don't feel like cooking..

And CB manages to do a healthy meal.

yesterday I went to a local (non-cb) place they have stuffed peppers (Which I do prepare from time to time) and cabbage rolls (Which I had for supper) which I also like but do not prepare locally.

Tonight it's meat loaf.. Prepared locally.. Sliced and wrapped. Re-heated with steam for 30 minutes. with potato and carrots plus dessert with out any sand.


Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377


fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

Senior Member

Joined: 08/19/2003

View Profile



Posted: 07/31/20 05:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JimK-NY wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:



And kind of makes you understand why the "Greatest Generation" has such high incidences of heart disease and diabetes. [emoticon]


You forgot to mention the rest of the triad: obesity.
Yeah, kind of go hand in hand in hand. [emoticon]


Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

A1ARealtorRick

Gulf Shores, AL

Full Member

Joined: 04/17/2020

View Profile



Posted: 08/01/20 06:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

JimK-NY wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:



And kind of makes you understand why the "Greatest Generation" has such high incidences of heart disease and diabetes. [emoticon]


You forgot to mention the rest of the triad: obesity.
Yeah, kind of go hand in hand in hand. [emoticon]


And is true with ANY restaurant and ANY processed food items. Look at the sodium content anywhere you dine. It's off the charts!!


. . . never confuse education with intelligence

ppine

Northern Nevada

Senior Member

Joined: 07/04/2016

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/01/20 08:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Its a parking lot. Big deal. What is the point of having an RV if you are going to camp in parking lots?

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

Senior Member

Joined: 08/19/2003

View Profile



Posted: 08/01/20 09:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

JimK-NY wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:



And kind of makes you understand why the "Greatest Generation" has such high incidences of heart disease and diabetes. [emoticon]


You forgot to mention the rest of the triad: obesity.
Yeah, kind of go hand in hand in hand. [emoticon]


And is true with ANY restaurant and ANY processed food items. Look at the sodium content anywhere you dine. It's off the charts!!
And that's an excellent reason to avoid most franchise food places. A lot of them simply "warm up" the frozen food they get from the home office. Applebees, for one, and Olive Garden mostly use prepared foods. They don't have chefs, they have preparers. IME, most non-franchise restaurants that prepare their own food, are better at using non-processed food, and thus less sodium content. But JMO of course. YM(eals)MV. [emoticon]

goducks10

There

Senior Member

Joined: 02/22/2010

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/01/20 09:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is why I'd never eat there.

https://www.crackerbarrel.com/-/media/Cr........l/Nutrition/nutrition_guide_catering.pdf

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

Senior Member

Joined: 08/23/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/01/20 10:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think we are confusing a few issues here. I don't think CB ever claimed to offer a low cal,low sodium menu. CB does not offer or specialize in healthy cuisine.
Cracker Barrel serves a traditional American menu which is typically not for those watching their carbs or sodium intake.
If you want a place located close to the highway with the potential for overnight parking serving a traditional American menu CB maybe for you.
If you're looking for a low carb healthy menu CB is NOT for you.
Yes I am in the American Breakfast is greasy and not necessarily healthy camp.
CB caters to my generation.


2019 Duramax w/hips,2012 Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
H-head TPMS,BD3,RV safepower,17" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide


jimbo4UT

Stafford Virginia

New Member

Joined: 07/26/2020

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/01/20 10:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WOW guys I can't believe that my asking about parking at Cracker Barrel turned into 7 pages [emoticon] LOL It has been fun reading all the replies.

Thanks everyone

Jim in Stafford Va
awaiting my 3010DS 2021 Forest River Class C (I special ordered and was told maybe October or November)

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/06/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/01/20 10:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^ Yeah typical RVnet ....
But everyone forgot the most important part. CB serves beer now!
And greasy breakfasts have a great place in life. How else you soak up the booze from the night before? Lol


"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

A1ARealtorRick

Gulf Shores, AL

Full Member

Joined: 04/17/2020

View Profile



Posted: 08/01/20 10:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lantley wrote:

I think we are confusing a few issues here. I don't think CB ever claimed to offer a low cal,low sodium menu. CB does not offer or specialize in healthy cuisine.
Cracker Barrel serves a traditional American menu which is typically not for those watching their carbs or sodium intake.
If you want a place located close to the highway with the potential for overnight parking serving a traditional American menu CB maybe for you.
If you're looking for a low carb healthy menu CB is NOT for you.
Yes I am in the American Breakfast is greasy and not necessarily healthy camp.
CB caters to my generation.


You are absolutely correct. They serve 'comfort food' --- my favorite kind of cuisine!!! If the poster who showed the nutrition guide would post guides from Olive Garden, Denny's, Applebee's, O'Charley's, and all the others, the numbers would be the same. Healthy food comes from HOME, not from restaurants, not ANY restaurants. Even the 'home town' places probably get deliveries from a Sysco truck on a regular basis.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > Cracker Barrel
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.