|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Realistic Price for Class C

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
jimbo4UT

Stafford Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/20 10:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have been told to wait till Nov/Dec to purchase an rv as that is when i can expect to get the best price. Is that (in Fact) true?

thanks in advance,

Jim

wolfe10

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/20 11:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well,I can tell you that right now there is an RV FEEDING FRENZY going on.

And, as can be seen from some of the posts here and on other RV sites, for many, this is their VERY first venture into RV'ing. Suspect it will not be everyone's cup of tea.

So, yes, though my crystal ball is broken, suspect Fall will be a better time to buy.

Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/20 11:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would wait until after camping season is over--the farther north--the sooner that happens.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/20 11:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

just go find the one you want, then digger the price in your favor ,thats when to buy, wait till fall an all the pretty ones are gone.

Hank85713

Tucson, Az

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/20 11:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

it will really depend on the location. You planning to buy locally? Prices are all over the board for same units, just have to research and be willing to travel to purchase. You looking for new/used again it will depend on what you want/expect.

There are a couple of rv trader mags available you need to check them out. Look at craigslist in several states if looking for used. Right now out here some are trying to intimate their stuff is pure gold and I am referring to some 20+ YO units. Saw a 2003 ad for $30K the other day!

Have fun researching, we did not buy one for over $100k AND found same one 1 year old 4000 miles for about 30-35K less. So dont be in a rush.

jimbo4UT

Stafford Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/20 11:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Part of the reason it seems an rv Selling frenzy is because for several months they did not build any. So there is still a slight shortage. But in my favor by waiting till Nov/Dec they are going to have MORE than the usual allotment on hand as the builders finally catch up. Thanks Hank i certainly wont be in a rush being my second rv. I made every mistake and paid probably 20,000 to much (at Least). I'm hoping my waiting will be worth it. [emoticon]

A1ARealtorRick

Gulf Shores, AL

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/20 11:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You didn't indicate whether you were talking about a new or used Class C. A good part of the 'feeding frenzy' is due to people buying because of Covid-19. Now, give it just a little time, and a lot of those folks are going to realize that RVing just isn't their cup of tea -- they'll find they absolutely hate it -- at which time the buyer looking for a great deal can swoop in and snatch 'em up!

. . . never confuse education with intelligence

jimbo4UT

Stafford Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/20 11:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

New Class C - and I totally agree about the virus helping with the buying frenzy. But the way kids today take care of things (we used to have to work on our cars - remember those days) and with everything throw away young people don't take care of anything.

PSW

Oklahoma City

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/26/20 04:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jimbo4UT, that is an interesting comment you made about "throw away" and man it is right on target. I hadn't thought about that aspect of what will happen in the (probably near) future. It may make for some bargain units, hopefully. The question is when?

The COVID 19 situation and cheap financing plus manufacture shutdowns has has really brought about the perfect storm for demand and higher prices. I suspect if you wait to a good cold snowy day in December you might make a much better deal than in the heat of August when the sun is shining.

PSW
2013 Phoenix Cruiser 2350
2014 Jeep Cherokee behind it
and a 2007 Roadtrek 210P for touring

mgirardo

Brunswick, GA

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/20 06:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jimbo4UT wrote:

Part of the reason it seems an rv Selling frenzy is because for several months they did not build any. So there is still a slight shortage. But in my favor by waiting till Nov/Dec they are going to have MORE than the usual allotment on hand as the builders finally catch up.

What's left on the lot at the end of the year, is what they couldn't sell during the camping season. Yes, you could get a better deal, but you may not find what you want. If you have to order what you want, you aren't going to get a great deal.

I agree with midnightsadie, find the one you want and get the price you want for it.

-Michael

Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Realistic Price for Class C
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.