RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: More water needed....

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> More water needed....

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev
Sponsored By:
azrving

Oatman

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/20 08:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

azrving wrote:

Desert Captain wrote:

"Some areas allow gray water on the ground"

I have never been to a campground that permitted gray water to be dumped on the ground but...Even if you are somewhere that it is not outright prohibited, please DONT! It stinks to high heaven and everyone knows it. The garbage scraps in there will attract critters and not in a good way. Come on now folks, a little common sense here pleeeeese!

[emoticon]

OP said, “We boondock exclusively.” Some boondocking areas do allow gray water on the ground. Their rules. We do it and its in wide open areas where people are not close together. It doesn’t smell for long especially when in areas that dry off very quickly. Out in the desert you will see rigs parked for weeks and not move. They go to town and bring water back so where is all the water going? The black tank can last a long time but the gray has to be going somewhere. Its going on the ground.

There is no garbage disposal and water is at a premium so extensive dish washing is out while boondocking. We often use paper plates and a good amount of paper towels since we wipe food off the cooking utensils before washing. There is actually very little food matter going in the gray tank.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/20 09:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The old gray water discussion! Lol
Can’t you nor no one else figure out where I’ve dumped gray water twice in the last 2 weeks.
Poof! Gone!
Love the irony of it.
Outdoor shower, ok. Doing dishes outdoors and Tossing dish water Out in the bushes, ok. Doing the same with a hose from a tank? Ohhhh Noooo!!

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

donut dave

Burnett WI

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/20 12:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

you are lucky. i wash my hair daily.

ksg5000

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/20 12:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Possible solution - go camping near lakes etc and use biodegradable soap -- that's what we did when we rented houseboats.

Kevin

ppine

Northern Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/20 08:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Keep soap out of lakes and streams. Biodegradable soap still contains phosphates, surfactants and other compounds that are harmful to fish and aquatic critters. Use a plastic basin and a pitcher or a bucket to wash away from the shore.

garyhaupt

Penticton, BC..land of wine, sun, retirees....

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/20 08:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have chosen to just throw some 5 gallon collapsing water jugs on the front bumper. It's not the best answer, but until I can get an actual structural examination and report, it is best. There are two aluminum struts on the roof where I would put the bladder, so..I am of the opinion, buttttt.

As I had said at the outset, this is a not often, maybe twice a year water need. As much as I really want the fancy $$$ plan, I shall settle for the $50.00 one. For now.

">][image]

Gary

I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> More water needed....
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.