RV.Net Open Roads Forum: How to increase water flow AFTER the filters?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> How to increase water flow AFTER the filters?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
Sponsored By:
down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/31/20 12:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What will work is a large, larger the better sediment filter. They are the first to clog and cheapest to replace. Second a really good filter that gets all the nasties and metals and bugs or microbes. CW had a ten inch small diamter that would do that but now, you have to choose between metals and bugs and the filters cost more. A series of three filters with the first being for sediment and a second that gets metals and a third smal micron that gets what gets through the other two. The msot logical, sittign here and thinking right now, is a sediament filter then one good small micron carbon block filter with silver that gets all that the sediment filter doesn't get. Most sediment filters will get the chlorine too and the carbon block most certainly will.
They produce ultraviolet lamps in purification systems that kill all bugs, A tube carrying the water after filtering out everything runs around the bulb exposing it to uv.
I don't remeber distinctly but seem to remember long ago a psot about this in regards to use in an rv. Cot is the primary concern it seems...aand physical size.

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/20 02:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

darleyhavidson wrote:

Interesting concept. What micron and style filters did you use? Do you have any pictures of your setup?

don't remember specifics, think it was a spun fiber one first to catch dirt, followed by a "good" (don't remember specs) one to remove bacteria and lead/etc.
I made my "connection" with PVC piping/fittings. as I recall, incoming water came into the PVC "T" which had two L fittings to the filters. it so happened that the T and Ls ended up being exactly the right distance apart to put the filters in parallel. will see if I can find the setup and take a pix. I used some quick disconnects to be able to easily assemble things.
bumpy

PA12DRVR

Back in God's Country

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/20 03:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"I probably reduced the effectiveness of eliminating the sulfur smell by removing the metal trap filter, but at least the shower can be used now."

In my experience, which may not apply to where you are, sulfur smell and stink was best removed by a carbon filter...and the further upstream, the better.

FWIW, in years gone by, I've used a 20 micron upstream filter in series with a 10 micron...and our water tested fine out of the spigot. Theoretically, it won't make a flow difference (that's what the filter makers advertise anyway) but I don't believe you need three relatively fine filters in series. I currently use a 5 (not 0.5, but 5) micron at the house and it's all good.

CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

jefjam7812

NY

View Profile

Posted: 08/02/20 09:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Install more powerful moter

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> How to increase water flow AFTER the filters?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.