|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> First goof up, I have to share

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Cocky_Camper

Rock Hill, SC

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/20 08:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When we were pop up camping years ago, we headed to the beach. We got there, and neither of us had the key to unlock the pop up drop down door or the lock from the hitch. They were at home on the counter! We had to drill the fold down door/step lock out, and we just removed the entire pin from the truck leaving the ball attached to the camper.

And one pop up trip years ago, my mom and aunt decided their purses were safer locked in the van than the pop up. They both had a van key, just incase one got lost... or locked in the car or something. That was a great idea until neither one took the van key out of their purse before they locked the door!

2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper

JAC1982

Brighton, CO

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/20 10:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

B92F wrote:

We were at home working on ours one day, both of us had a set of keys. DW set her keys just inside the door on the counter. I was futzing around with the door lock, apparently locked it with the door still open and also set my keys on the counter just inside the door. Closed the door and as it clicked shut realized that both set of keys were inside the trailer. Road service came out and we were able to get it unlocked.

Now there is a third set of keys in the truck.

Another time while out camping we locked the trailer up and went into town to the store. Got back and could not unlock the trailer. DW suspects someone tried to use one of the generic keys (we had changed out the lock set) and messed it up. Ended up having to "borrow" a fellow campers small child and petite wife to crawl in the back window and open up from the inside.

I did this at a music festival, both sets got locked accidentally in the camper. Had a Keystone Impact at the time. So we wandered around the camping area and found another Impact, and that guy's keys opened our rear garage door on ours. Got lucky.

Now we have the touchpad RV Lock.

2020 Keystone Montana 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> First goof up, I have to share
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.