|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Industrial Strength Liars

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
CFerguson

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/20 12:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I gotta tell you guys, i am totally disgusted with the RV industry right now.

We are wanting to buy a new TT for which the last model manufactured was last year (2019). There are some in stock around the country, apparently, but i cant seem to get an answer from anyone that isnt an obvious lie. And not shading the truth, but a boldfaced Lie.

The manufacturer tells me that they dont make them since 2019. The manufacturer's sales rep tells me that there are a bunch of 2020s in stock and here are the dealers around the country that have some on their lots. The internet sites of several additional (but different) dealers have some showing on the website complete with descriptions and serial numbers.

After exhaustive emails with all concerned above, every single piece of info that i have received has proven to be wrong. Every Single Statement. I have dealers telling me they can order me a 2021 model and the factory telling me that isnt possible. None of the factory supplied dealers have Any of my model on the lot nor have they had for some time- didnt i know that 2019 was the end of the model? Some of the dealers that show actual inventory on the website dont actually have what they say they have. Others say they have something the same as what they show, but its a little different. And the rest wont even reply unless i fill out a personal information sheet so that they can harass me in every way possible (email, phone, mailing+home address, etc). All i want to know is Do you have X model on the lot.

Keep it up industry. Times are good now, but the worm will turn again one day.

Chum lee

Albuquerque, NM

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/20 01:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In this day and age IMO it is politically incorrect to call someone a liar. IMO it's better to discuss the relative degree of honesty/accuracy they exhibit, even if it's close to zero.

Chum Lee

CFerguson

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/20 01:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I guess i'm from an ancient era, Chum. I call em like i see em.
(but i am also smart enough not to give some {spit} lawyer grounds to harass me)

2 many 2

USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/20 01:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The description "Liar" is okay with me [emoticon]

sandblast

salt lake city utah

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/20 01:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds like somebody is a liar to me

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/20 01:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sounds normal, sales people say anything that sounds good, you should be able to ask the factory where theres a tt of your choice, did this with a speical boat they told me where every boat of my specks was. no problem. made my deal in maryland.

Powertour

Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/20 01:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

2015 Itasca 25b Ford E350 V10

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/20 02:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I will say this my 2005 was actually made, for the most part, in 2004 (At least the chassis was even though it's an O5 Chassis) I remembrer the days of old when Dealers started getting demo models of next year's line about thanksgiving and delivery of customer sold models about mid December. Today it's more like July 4th and mid on the road by August (my chassis was made in August)

But speaking to the subject line "Industrial Strength Liars" and saying no more about it.. I get involved in politics on Facebook.... Salesmen don't even come close [emoticon]

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

bgum

South Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/20 02:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is not unusual for a 2020 model to be built in 2019 and sold in 2019. Wouldn't that fact reduce the number of liars?

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/20 02:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Depending on the manufacturer, a model year, say a 2021 as an example may have been built as early as late fall of 2019. My brother has a 2017 Flagstaff with a build date of Dec 2015, which he bought in 2016.

Want to make it more confusing? They sometimes will make major changes any time they care to so a 2020 might have 2 or 3 versions, move the dinette to the other side, eliminate a window, change the bathroom layout, etc. That is why they all have the disclaimer that says something to the effect of "During the model year, it may be necessary to make revisions and we reserve the right to make changes without notice, including prices, colors, materials, equipment and specifications as well as the addition of new models and the discontinuance of models."

The entire Industry is mostly a load of shysters, honest folks who are competent are few and far between no matter if it's a manufacturers sales or warranty rep, or a dealer. When you find one you can trust stick with them if you can.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Industrial Strength Liars
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.