|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Industrial Strength Liars

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
CFerguson

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/20 03:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah bgum, very true about model years. That adds to the confusion in my post, i realize. I tried to keep my OP under novel length.
The official last model year naming by the manufacturer is 2019. Of course some of those were delivered in 2018 and 2020, i think. I can understand a salesman stretching a bit and calling a 2019 a 2020. But when one tells me he can order me a 2021 to be built to my specs..............well, he wouldnt answer any email after i called him on it.

colmbarry

Edgewater, md

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/20 05:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CFerguson wrote:

Yeah bgum, very true about model years. That adds to the confusion in my post, i realize. I tried to keep my OP under novel length.
The official last model year naming by the manufacturer is 2019. Of course some of those were delivered in 2018 and 2020, i think. I can understand a salesman stretching a bit and calling a 2019 a 2020. But when one tells me he can order me a 2021 to be built to my specs..............well, he wouldnt answer any email after i called him on it.

This guy was with JC Penney selling appliances before he was layed off, now he is a RV salesman. Your doing your homework and now know what you want is not easily available, move on to TT that meets your needs. Less stress that way.

rhagfo

Portland, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/30/20 05:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have you gone to a Site like RV Trader and ran a search for your unit?

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

rexlion

Broken Arrow OK

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/20 05:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CFerguson wrote:

... And the rest wont even reply unless i fill out a personal information sheet so that they can harass me in every way possible (email, phone, mailing+home address, etc). All i want to know is Do you have X model on the lot...
Wow. Is this via internet contact, or are you calling them on the phone? If you're writing to them, try switching to phone calls (and maybe ask for a manager). Every one of those dealerships has a telephone, with which you can explain in no uncertain terms that model xyz7 is the only thing you're interested in.

Maybe I should go into RV sales. Then there would be at least one honest, knowledgeable salesman in the business. [emoticon]

Mike G.
--for now, using a cargo trailer for camping--
Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. --Benjamin Franklin
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

2 many 2

USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/20 08:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"Maybe I should go into RV sales. Then there would be at least one honest, knowledgeable salesman in the business"

My wife told me I should do this as well. I told her I would not last a week [emoticon]

travelnutz

West Michigan - On the Lakeshore

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/20 08:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When a person lies, THEY ARE A LIAR!!! How much simpler and accurately could it be said?

A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/20 05:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

travelnutz wrote:

When a person lies, THEY ARE A LIAR!!! How much simpler and accurately could it be said?

There is an author I know who wrote a series of science fiction books (Riverworld series) and in these books all men are "Clean Shaven" actually there is no facial hair so you never need to shave.

In one of them is a Line I will never forget.. one character says to the other: "If being clean shaven was a sign of an accomplished liar than all other liars would be as beared as Santa Clause".

So some liars (And I will NOT mention names) make others look honest.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

CFerguson

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/20 06:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rhagfo wrote:

Have you gone to a Site like RV Trader and ran a search for your unit?

Yeah, I started my search with all the common RV search sites and the sites of the larger dealers in the country. I am willing to travel most anywhere in the US to get what i want so i was looking from the pacific NW to Florida.

I dont want to say EVERY RV dealer/salesman is a crook as I know of 2 that i consider to be honest locally. I also dont think that trying to make the most $$ off of a sale is anything immoral at all. Thats just Business. +, I never even got to the price/quote stage with any of these dealers.

K_and_I

North Central Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/31/20 07:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CFerguson wrote:

I dont want to say EVERY RV dealer/salesman is a crook as I know of 2 that i consider to be honest locally. I also dont think that trying to make the most $$ off of a sale is anything immoral at all. Thats just Business. +, I never even got to the price/quote stage with any of these dealers.

97 percent of salesmen give the rest of us a bad name.

K_and_I
2011 Rockwood 2604
Nights Camped in 2019: 85
Do we have time for shortcuts?

MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/31/20 09:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Funny...I posted a few days ago, in jest, on the ATC forum, how we all know used car sales folks and politicians are dishonest, and the crazy lady deleted it. It was on the thread about the dishonest sales clerk, so did pertain! I know...most won't post on that forum, but I still do on occasion.

Jerry

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Industrial Strength Liars
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.