|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> Tracking US travelers

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Flyboy320

Tappen, BC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/31/20 03:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

charlestonsouthern wrote:

Flyboy, you are right; my old fingers don't work the way they use to; the troop withdrawal from Germany IS 12,000 instead of 112,000. And my husband of 38 years in the Air Force active duty and reserves informs me that the C141s are no longer primary (but still flying) and instead the newer C17s are primary.

Thanks for voting; your vote is unusual, as many Canadians don't feel that way. By the way, I just researched the Russian harrassment off of Alaska (my information originally came from a tv news show), and there were both Russian bombers and their jets buzzing (or fly-bys) Alaska, so we were both right.

ALL C 141`s ceased to fly in 2006 as they were replaced by the C-17 according to MY online research and USAF contact. The Russian aircraft are/were not "buzzing" / flybys of Alaska. They were/ are operating legally in International Airspace. PS...21 yrs as an RCAF pilot!
In regards to MY vote. Don`t lump all Canadians into the same category with a totally unsupported comment like ""many Canadians don`t feel that way"!
This "Tracking US Travellers" thread would not be necessary if all US folks followed our laws when transiting to/ from Alaska. There are always a few who will spoil it for everyone.

EEWally

Missoula, MT and Tahuya, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/31/20 06:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It looks like Canada is doing a great job at keeping the virus cases low. As such, Canada will not need, or perhaps even want, the amount (per 100,000 population) of vaccine when it becomes available. Right?

1997 Lance Squire 5000, 10-foot camper
2001 Dodge Ram, Cummins, Ext. Cab, 2WD
Our Trip Journal

garyhaupt

Penticton, BC..land of wine, sun, retirees....

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/20 07:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

EEWally..oh yes, we do...want all we can get. The great horde of our sisters and brothers to the south will be returning to the warm Canadian experience and we'll need to be able to hug and apologize for being careful.

Gary

I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

charlestonsouthern

Summerville, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/31/20 07:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

EEWally, that statement makes no sense at all; if we get a true vaccine, our friends to the North will also get it; there are solid reasons for each country to totally isolate from each other. What we don't need is the paranoia and vandalism of cars with strange license plates and vigilante harrassment of people who they know nothing about. Instead, contact your local constable or police.

* This post was edited 08/01/20 05:27am by an administrator/moderator *

charlestonsouthern

Summerville, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/31/20 08:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garyhaupt, you have to remember that we are dealing with a population of approximately 328 million people. Canada is only dealing with approximately 38 million people. With new leadership, we can lick this thing regardless of the size of the population. But it will require isolation by shutting down completely two borders.

EEWally

Missoula, MT and Tahuya, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/31/20 10:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm just saying that when a good vaccine is developed, it will not be needed as much north of the border. They seem to have things under much better control than the US so leave the vaccine to the folks who really need it like me.

Of course, in 3 or 4 years, everyone will have it....assuming the genetic changes don't throw a spanner in the works.

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/01/20 05:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

charlestonsouthern wrote:

garyhaupt, you have to remember that we are dealing with a population of approximately 328 million people. Canada is only dealing with approximately 38 million people. With new leadership, we can lick this thing regardless of the size of the population. But it will require isolation by shutting down completely two borders.

I don’t know if you’ve ever heard the famous line, ‘there’s 3 categories of untruths, there’s lies, **** lies, and statistics’,

Yes the US has ~ 8.6 times the population of Canada but it has 40 times the cases, and more than 17 times the number of deaths.

Now compare that to places with a lot more complicating factors, but took serious measures to curb the spread early on, India for example.

India has 1.353 billion people, more than 4 times the population of the US, yet they have had just over 1/3rd the number of cases and less than 1/4 the number of deaths.

garyhaupt

Penticton, BC..land of wine, sun, retirees....

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/20 09:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

EEWally..I am thinking you are just trolling. Saying stuff just to see who bites...but, just in case you are not? I understand that our Canadian medical folks are really close to clinical trials and are very optimistic that they have it in the bag. And..they are selling only to nice places...just sayin...

Gary

NRALIFR

Truck Camping Out West

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/20 10:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gary, what’s the purpose of these frequent topics about how Americans need to start obeying Canadian border laws? Do you really think your target audience is on this forum? How many American RV’ers who would do stuff like that do you think are members here? Single digit number, I’d bet.

Just for the record, I’m a law and order supporter. I have no sympathy for law breakers regardless of where they’re from or which side of the border they’re on. The stupid acts of others shouldn’t reflect badly on the vast majority of Americans and Canadians who follow the rules.

[emoticon][emoticon]

2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450

Fisherman

Angus, Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/20 10:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NRALIFR wrote:

Gary, what’s the purpose of these frequent topics about how Americans need to start obeying Canadian border laws? Do you really think your target audience is on this forum? How many American RV’ers who would do stuff like that do you think are members here? Single digit number, I’d bet.

Just for the record, I’m a law and order supporter. I have no sympathy for law breakers regardless of where they’re from or which side of the border they’re on. The stupid acts of others shouldn’t reflect badly on the vast majority of Americans and Canadians who follow the rules.

[emoticon][emoticon]

I believe his purpose is to keep those out who think it doesn't apply to them and although it may be a small amount, we don't want any more cases erupting if it is being brought across the border. It may be an inconvenience to some, but I'd rather be safe than infected by some than can't get it past their thick heads. Cheers, I have no ill will against our southern friends.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> Tracking US travelers
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.