RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Losing home & need to immediately relocate to truck camper

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Losing home & need to immediately relocate to truck camper

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Jebby14

Windsor Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 08/18/20 10:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

id suggest planning a plan B for when this doesnt work out. That said figure out your power usage and we will help you size accordingly. Id be looking at 3-500 watts solar and a bank of as many 6V batteries as i could afford (hopefully 8). you dont need 4 seasons, follow the season you want. winter where its warm summer where its cool. forget milage, its bad, its not going to get better.

dont be cheap with your charge controller

once you start to be ok with the bad fuel milage add in that you should expect to burn some propane

keep an eye on weights make sure you dont run out of payload.

next up water. figure out your plan for potable, black and gray water and let us know so we can help

Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

spoon059

Just north of D.C.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/18/20 11:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CMKelin wrote:

I understand but look right above & we already got one.

Now we're looking at Off-Grid power systems.

Hope it works out for you, but I stand by my comments. It's going to be difficult and expensive.

2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

spoon059

Just north of D.C.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/18/20 11:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bikendan wrote:

You should have read the OP's post right above yours, before posting.[emoticon]

Not sure how YOU read forums, but I tend to respond to comments as I see them, not read the entire thread and then go back to comments to which I wanted to reply. Regardless, my comments stand. He bought something, but not at all what he was looking to buy. It will be a struggle for him and it will be far more expensive than simply staying in a less expensive long term housing situation.[emoticon]

coolmom42

Middle Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 09/01/20 12:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I suggest you go over to cheaprvliving.com and research on how to live in that van. Tons of good info there.

The secret is going to be moving with the seasons to stay warm/cool and travel as little as possible to conserve gas money. Lots of people do this in Arizona by moving up in altitude in the summer and back down in the winter.

Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

bikendan

Camano Island, Wash.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/01/20 03:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

spoon059 wrote:

bikendan wrote:

You should have read the OP's post right above yours, before posting.[emoticon]

Not sure how YOU read forums, but I tend to respond to comments as I see them, not read the entire thread and then go back to comments to which I wanted to reply. Regardless, my comments stand. He bought something, but not at all what he was looking to buy. It will be a struggle for him and it will be far more expensive than simply staying in a less expensive long term housing situation.[emoticon]

I always read the whole thread before responding because i don't want to post something that's no longer relevant. If i'm not willing to read the whole thread, i don't post.

Dan- Firefighter, Retired">, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur">, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP">), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

spoon059

Just north of D.C.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/03/20 06:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bikendan wrote:

I always read the whole thread before responding because i don't want to post something that's no longer relevant. If i'm not willing to read the whole thread, i don't post.

When I'm retired, I'll waste significantly more time to keep you happy. Stay safe, thank you for your service.

bikendan

Camano Island, Wash.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/03/20 01:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

spoon059 wrote:

bikendan wrote:

When I'm retired, I'll waste significantly more time to keep you happy. Stay safe, thank you for your service.

You did say "Not sure how you read the forum" so I was just explaining how I do.

spoon059

Just north of D.C.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/07/20 04:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bikendan wrote:

You did say "Not sure how you read the forum" so I was just explaining how I do.

And you are criticizing the way I do. I never asked asked for your explanation. Move along...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Losing home & need to immediately relocate to truck camper
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.