|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
concord 05

Van Buren

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/01/20 10:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just got conformation that I received a 7 day pass reservation to Yosemite. We have a 25 foot motorhome A Forest River Forester 2014. It will be almost a 2000 mile trip to just get there. My only plans so far are to stay in Lee Vining for at least 4 nights. And enter on the East side. My thoughts are to then move to the west side for a few days. Ideally would then go to Kings Canyon and Head home from there. My reservations in Yosemite start on September 14. Any suggestions or advice on routes to take, COVID info and areas to see would be greatly appreciated. Age and health issues limit us to just enjoying beautiful scenery..

Lwiddis

Mono Basin National Forest Scenic Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/01/20 10:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Tioga Highway is a beautiful drive into Yosemite. Lower Lee Vining USFS is a nice campground, close to town and supplies. Saddlebag USFS campground has wonderful views and is also off CA 120 but down a good dirt road. Camp at over 10,000 feet!

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

profdant139

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 08/02/20 03:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you need hookups, I'd recommend Mono Vista RV Park in Lee Vining. If hiking at high altitude is not an option, then definitely plan on driving Tioga Road at least as far as Olmstead Point, stopping frequently at the pullouts to enjoy the views.

You could also do day trips to June Lake, Lundy Canyon, and Virginia Lakes, all fairly near Lee Vining. If you and your vehicle are feeling adventurous, the ghost town of Bodie is north on 395.

Bring warm clothes -- the nights can be very chilly! The stars in the Eastern Sierra are amazing.

2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

KCFDCapt

At Home

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/02/20 06:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you want to stay at Mono Vista in Lee Vining, be aware they DO NOT ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS. You will need to send a check in the mail. Call them to make your reservations and inquire how to accomplish reservation payment and final payment.

concord 05

Van Buren

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/03/20 09:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just curious, I was looking at the NPS site for camping in Yosemite. I know they have been booked for along time. On the availability chart it shows dates as reserved marked with an R. Then some of the sites Show an X on the date but gives no availability to reserve . Then on the same site will show a R on a later date. Very confusing. Also is it possible if you check frequently you might catch an open site after someone cancels.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.