|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> 2019+ RAM HD with failed CP4-2 IP to get CP3's

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
IdaD

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 08/05/20 10:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Smells like BS to me.

2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

otrfun

On The Road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/06/20 08:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

double post

* This post was edited 08/06/20 05:20pm by otrfun *

otrfun

On The Road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/06/20 08:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's possible a Ram endorsed CP4 to CP3 conversion is fake news, but what about the failures themselves? Have seen several reports of CP4 failures on Cumminsforum. One involved a 2020 Ram with 1,500 miles. BTW, there is some mention of a factory endorsed CP4/CP3 conversion in this thread. More fake news? I don't know.

Flan

NE

View Profile

Posted: 08/06/20 04:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cummins2014 wrote:

Flan wrote:

Sounds like Fake News to me. That being said there have been people who have put on a CP3 and have had no driveability issues, or codes set for that matter.

On the 2019-20 Ram 6.7 ???
correct. One company already has a retrofit kit out, another is not too far behind them.

Heartland Prowler 27LX
19 Ram CTD 2500

MikeRP

Westerville

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/06/20 09:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BTW, you can still get the 2018 Cummins in the 2020. I think this is awesome and my dealer is equipping his trucks w the 2018 motor until he’s comfortable that the new Cummins has the bugs worked out.

Also I’m confident that Cummins will work this problem out in the best interests of the customer.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 08/06/20 10:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^ Whatthe heck are you talking about?

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

ShinerBock

LVTX

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/20 07:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I call BS.....

While the CP3 pump has much greater volume, it cannot pump the fuel at as high of pressures as the CP4. This means that Cummins cannot increase horsepower and meet emissions at the same time. The CP3 can easily get you up to 500 rwhp all day every day, but it cannot do it and meet emissions.

In order for Cummins to increase horsepower and meet emissions, they had to go with a higher pressure pump. This is one reason why I which that Ram stop this pissing match with Ford, because I would much rather the engine be reliable than tow some number than I will never tow. If I want to increase power, I can do it after I buy the truck. The CP4 is is what you get for wanting Ram to continue this pissing match instead of focusing on reliability. So blame yourself for the CP4 if you are one that believes that "Ike times matter".

2014 Ram 2500 CTD
Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

Flan

NE

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/20 08:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MikeRP wrote:

BTW, you can still get the 2018 Cummins in the 2020. I think this is awesome and my dealer is equipping his trucks w the 2018 motor until he’s comfortable that the new Cummins has the bugs worked out.

Also I’m confident that Cummins will work this problem out in the best interests of the customer.

You cannot get a 2018 CP3 motor in a 2019 or 2020. Whoever told you this is misinformed or lying to your face.

Flan

NE

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/20 08:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

I call BS.....

While the CP3 pump has much greater volume, it cannot pump the fuel at as high of pressures as the CP4. This means that Cummins cannot increase horsepower and meet emissions at the same time. The CP3 can easily get you up to 500 rwhp all day every day, but it cannot do it and meet emissions.

In order for Cummins to increase horsepower and meet emissions, they had to go with a higher pressure pump. This is one reason why I which that Ram stop this pissing match with Ford, because I would much rather the engine be reliable than tow some number than I will never tow. If I want to increase power, I can do it after I buy the truck. The CP4 is is what you get for wanting Ram to continue this pissing match instead of focusing on reliability. So blame yourself for the CP4 if you are one that believes that "Ike times matter".
industrial injection has a 10mm CP3 that comes with their conversion kit, and has EPA approval. Why wouldn’t Cummins be able to do it?

stsmark

Northern CA

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/20 09:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I’ve always thought a part of the change for Ram/Cummins is that the CP 4 requires less HP to drive at the higher pressures.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> 2019+ RAM HD with failed CP4-2 IP to get CP3's
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.