|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> 2019+ RAM HD with failed CP4-2 IP to get CP3's

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/20 01:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oh boy... Seen this one coming!

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs
"200k Mile Club"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

me2

Wherever

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/20 02:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MikeRP wrote:

BTW, you can still get the 2018 Cummins in the 2020. I think this is awesome and my dealer is equipping his trucks w the 2018 motor until he’s comfortable that the new Cummins has the bugs worked out.

Also I’m confident that Cummins will work this problem out in the best interests of the customer.

Unlike Ford...

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/20 06:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ram, unlike Ford, is making things right!!!!

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

CaLBaR

Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/31/20 11:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dodge guy wrote:

Please let me know what RAM is doing to make things right. I have a 2019 with the CP4.2 fuel pump. No issues and love the truck just would like to know what you know in case I ever have trouble with the CP4.2 pump so I know what to expect.

One reason I bought the RAM over the Ford was CP3 fuel pump but then found out a couple of days after I bought it that RAM was now using the CP4.2 pump too. Not that it would have made much difference anyway I guess.

Please provide any info that you have just in case.

Thanks,

2018 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2019 RAM 3500 SRW Big Horn 4x4, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin
2007 Rockwood 8298 SS (Traded in 2018)
2009 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Crew Max 5.7L (Traded in 2019)
HP Dual Cam Sway Control
Prodigy Brake Controller

mlh

Louisiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/31/20 03:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CaLBaR wrote:

dodge guy wrote:

Please let me know what RAM is doing to make things right. I have a 2019 with the CP4.2 fuel pump. No issues and love the truck just would like to know what you know in case I ever have trouble with the CP4.2 pump so I know what to expect.

One reason I bought the RAM over the Ford was CP3 fuel pump but then found out a couple of days after I bought it that RAM was now using the CP4.2 pump too. Not that it would have made much difference anyway I guess.

Thanks,

I can provide info on what Ram is doing, "just in case." The answer is NOTHING. My 2019 injector pump failed at 15k miles. Left me on the side of the road 2 hours from home. They towed it to the nearest shop. The truck that is. That's about the extent of it. I had to pay for them to tow my travel trailer. Once I paid Chrysler for them to arrange the trailer tow, no one showed up to get it. I had to end up making my own arrangements to get it home.

It took them about a week and a half before they finally figured out what happened. When they figured it out, they told me that the pump was on backorder due to the corona virus shutdown. I was going to have to wait 4 months until the parts were available. They approved a rental vehicle, but I was told that due to the coronavirus, they couldn't do that either. I escalated the claim internally at FCA. They pretty much de-escalated it back down to the case manager. This means that they weren't going to buy it back or replace it. The only choice I was left with (I needed a vehicle) was to trade the 4 month old truck in at the dealership where it sat. They didn't have a good selection of vehicles (also probably due to the coronavirus) but did have a 3500 on order that was similar in options to my 2500. I ended up buying that one. If there was an option to trade it to another manufacturer's dealership, I would have, and never purchase another Chrysler product. It's kind of hard to trade a vehicle that is disassembled and sitting in a shop.

So again, to recap on what to expect from Chrysler to make it right if it happens to you.....nothing.

2021 Ram 2500 Crew, 6.4, 4x4
2019 Puma 29QBSS
Equalizer weight distribution and sway control

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/20 05:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Chrysler has nothing to do with your trailer being towed. Best is to schedule both tows yourself and get reimbursed.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

CaLBaR

Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/31/20 06:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mlh wrote:

CaLBaR wrote:

dodge guy wrote:

Thanks,

I can provide info on what Ram is doing, "just in case." The answer is NOTHING. My 2019 injector pump failed at 15k miles. Left me on the side of the road 2 hours from home. They towed it to the nearest shop. The truck that is. That's about the extent of it. I had to pay for them to tow my travel trailer. Once I paid Chrysler for them to arrange the trailer tow, no one showed up to get it. I had to end up making my own arrangements to get it home.

It took them about a week and a half before they finally figured out what happened. When they figured it out, they told me that the pump was on backorder due to the corona virus shutdown. I was going to have to wait 4 months until the parts were available. They approved a rental vehicle, but I was told that due to the coronavirus, they couldn't do that either. I escalated the claim internally at FCA. They pretty much de-escalated it back down to the case manager. This means that they weren't going to buy it back or replace it. The only choice I was left with (I needed a vehicle) was to trade the 4 month old truck in at the dealership where it sat. They didn't have a good selection of vehicles (also probably due to the coronavirus) but did have a 3500 on order that was similar in options to my 2500. I ended up buying that one. If there was an option to trade it to another manufacturer's dealership, I would have, and never purchase another Chrysler product. It's kind of hard to trade a vehicle that is disassembled and sitting in a shop.

So again, to recap on what to expect from Chrysler to make it right if it happens to you.....nothing.

Sorry to hear about this issue with yours and the lack of Chrysler doing anything for you. Hopefully you didn't lose too much or any on the trade but from what you wrote sounds like you did.

This is what concerns me about this is exactly what happened to you or worse that Chrysler starts to deny warranty like Ford did. This issue should seriously get fixed by Bosch for such a pitiful design. Should have been fixed a long time ago.

mich800

Pontiac, MI

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/20 06:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Chrysler has nothing to do with your trailer being towed. Best is to schedule both tows yourself and get reimbursed.

So all you got out of that story is schedule your own towing?

blofgren

Surrey, B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/20 06:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think I'm going to go out to the garage and give my 2013 a big hug!

I'm very sorry to hear all of this; I was hopeful that the CP4 issues were resolved but I wasn't holding my breath. If I were shopping for a new diesel truck today it would most likely be a GM.

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, RAM 20k sliding hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

MikeRP

Westerville

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/31/20 06:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bet Ram is on Cummins back. But I know Cummins and they will get this fixed. Probably trying to figure out why the CP4 is failing. I can’t imagine that this wasn’t a problem they looked at extensively before releasing it. So to everyone ordering one, I recommend getting the 2018 Cummins in your new 2020 or 2021. Mine’s 385/930 and I sure it will stand up to the test.

I test drive a new 2020 duelie today and it has the normal Cummins not the HO and frankly it sounded like my HO in every way. I’m not sure all that HP and Torque makes it to the ground in their program. It was the 2018 motor.

As far as GM over Cummins or a Ford, really they are all nice but I think total cost of ownership Ram over 500,000 miles will beat the other two. I’ll never drive it 500,000, I get the new truck hitch too often. Sans driving a new dualie today.

Peace

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> 2019+ RAM HD with failed CP4-2 IP to get CP3's
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.