|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Dish Network Satellite Question

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/17/20 01:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill.Satellite wrote:

if you have a dual tuner receiver like the 322 you can power both tuners with a single coax and the correct splitter...

This is exactly what I'm trying to do. I have the original DPP splitter used when this 322 receiver serviced my home. I ordered a new one and am waiting for it to be delivered. What I'm calling a splitter is a Triplexer part number 175284.

I'm under the impression that my setup isn't working because my dish LNB is not a "Dish Pro Plus" LNB

And I'm sure it's obvious why my handle is not "2112.satellite". I'm clueless to this voodoo magic stuff [emoticon]

2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens, PullRite SuperGlide 2700 15K
2013 KZ Durango 2857

TechWriter

On The Road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/17/20 03:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill.Satellite wrote:

You can power ONE receiver with ONE coax. However, if you have a dual tuner receiver like the 322 you can power both tuners with a single coax and the correct splitter.

Like so . . .

[image]

2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP
Full Timer since May 2013
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

TechWriter

On The Road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/17/20 04:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2112 wrote:

I'm under the impression that my setup isn't working because my dish LNB is not a "Dish Pro Plus" LNB

If you're currently using a Winegard GM-MP1, then, yes, I believe it uses a single LNBF that's not a DPP.

About your other sat dish . . . the 1000 w/o an LNBF. Throw it out. Not worth trying to upgrade. Even if you do, you'll end up with a triple-LNBF which can be difficult to aim . . . especially if you're used to just pointing that MP1.

I suggest getting an old Dish 500 twin LNBF dish. Easier to aim than a triple LNBF dish and gets sats 110 & 119 (or 119 & 129 if you mis-aim) . . . and a Dish 500 will support two receivers . . . like so:

[image]

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/18/20 04:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks TechWriter
The second illustration, without the UHF/VHF diplexer, is what I'm trying to do. I am using the GM-MP1, and that is why it doesn't work.
I agree with not trying to rebuild my old dish. The 500 you pointed me to is about $20 more than the price I would pay to rebuild mine. I'll toss it back in the barn.

In conclusion, I now know why it doesn't work and what to do to make it work. Dish Network was correct in saying it won't work and "THEY" do not sell compatible components to solve my issue. All they wanted to do is upgrade me to Hopper/Joey.

Thanks to everyone for your help

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/18/20 07:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Right. Each BOX (receiver) needs its own coax but 1 box with 2 tuners only requires 1 coax and the splitter.

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Dish Network Satellite Question
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.