RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Can't seem to find the Foam Passthru Window Boots anymore

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Can't seem to find the Foam Passthru Window Boots anymore

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
JoeChiOhki

Sauvie Island, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/13/20 07:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

About four years ago, I had located a Vinyl covered foam Window boot for the pass through window on my Amerigo. I made the stupid mistake of not buying it at that time, because the camper was still a long ways off from being done.

Now, as I near the point where I can start finishing these things, I find that I cannot find an RV parts dealers carrying these boots anymore, and the only results that turn up are pictures of ones that Northstar and Fourwheel sell as options on their units.

Does anyone have a link to the old foam pass through boots?

I'm not interested in a debate on the whole paint thing, my truck is old as dirt and most of the paint is several recoats of rustoleum rattle can, its a moot point, I am just slamming into a wall trying to find these dang boots anywhere.

My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express
CB Channel 17 Redneck Express
'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

jimh425

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 08/13/20 08:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Amazon has an inflatable type.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001P25VOW/ref=cm_sw_r_oth_tai_OsFnFb9845ERY

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 Dbl Slide, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Air Bags, Hankook DH-01 225/19.5 Fs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

JoeChiOhki

Sauvie Island, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/13/20 08:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah, I saw those, their major draw back is their pressure changes with elevation and they don't like sharp corners very much, something old square framed windows have plenty of [emoticon].

JoeChiOhki

Sauvie Island, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/13/20 08:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, I found the old site I originally looked at, only problem is, the store's gone out of business since I originally looked it up!

http://web.archive.org/web/2011111620043........n/shopper.cgi?preadd=action&key=0046VYLB

DWeikert

York, PA

View Profile

Posted: 08/13/20 09:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I got mine from Northstar when I picked up my camper. Don't know if they still sell them. I also recall reading someone bought one from truckcamperwarehouse. Maybe worth a phone call or email.

Dan
2008 Chevy D/A 2500HD ECSB
2010 Northstar 8.5 Adventurer

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 08/13/20 09:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is this what you are looking for?

https://www.accordionboot.com/vinyl-covered-foam-cab-to-camper-boot

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, soon to have SiO2 batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/14/20 08:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JoeChiOhki wrote:

Well, I found the old site I originally looked at, only problem is, the store's gone out of business since I originally looked it up!

http://web.archive.org/web/2011111620043........n/shopper.cgi?preadd=action&key=0046VYLB

I am surprised to see this old webpage is still accessible. This is Bill Penney's original site on Long Island. Ten plus years ago he moved to his new location with a new name: Truck Campers Warehouse. He maintained the old location for a couple of years and then closed it. This brings back a great memory. In 2010 I bought my used Northstar from Bill. I found it at the Long Island East End Campers location. He shipped it to the new location in New Hampshire so we avoided over $1000 in NY sales taxes. His NH location was also much bigger and it was easier to set up the camper in his large indoor facility.

DWeikert

York, PA

View Profile

Posted: 08/14/20 11:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JimK-NY wrote:

JoeChiOhki wrote:

I am surprised to see this old webpage is still accessible. This is Bill Penney's original site on Long Island. Ten plus years ago he moved to his new location with a new name: Truck Campers Warehouse. He maintained the old location for a couple of years and then closed it. This brings back a great memory. In 2010 I bought my used Northstar from Bill. I found it at the Long Island East End Campers location. He shipped it to the new location in New Hampshire so we avoided over $1000 in NY sales taxes. His NH location was also much bigger and it was easier to set up the camper in his large indoor facility.

If you notice the URL, this is an archived version of the web site. It's an interesting project called archive.org aka the waybackmachine that scans web sites on occasion and archives a copy. Often links are broken and images fail, but it is a good place to go if you're looking for old information.

specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 08/14/20 11:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How soon do you need one?

Kenny
2011 Chevy 2500 HD 6.0L 4wd
1995 Lance 945 Onan QG 2500 LP
Regular cab. The best looking trucks.

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 08/14/20 12:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had the inflatable a year ago, even I had to add 3" wedges to compensate for truck window tilt.
It lasted from Vegas to Yakima area, where cross winds took it off.
I went to local Walmart and bought swimming noodles, who has cross cut in shape of flower and they flex enough to adjust for different gap dimension.
Cut them to form square around camper window and put a rope inside to hold it during camper movements.
Made 7000 miles with it, including Alaskan Highway and it still works.

* This post was edited 08/14/20 12:25pm by Kayteg1 *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Can't seem to find the Foam Passthru Window Boots anymore
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.