RV.Net Open Roads Forum: What did you do to your Camper Today?

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

 > What did you do to your Camper Today?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 28  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
specta

utah

Senior Member

Joined: 06/18/2001

View Profile



Posted: 07/03/21 07:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jimh425 wrote:

That’s why you need a F450. You could leave the TC on. [emoticon] Joking …


We really need a like button. [emoticon]



[image]

If I was in the position to buy a new truck this is what I would buy.
A 3500 4-wd with their 6.6L gas, 10-speed trans and 3.73 gears.


Kenny
2011 Chevy 2500 HD 6.0L 4wd
1995 Lance 945 Onan QG 2500 LP
Regular cab. The best looking trucks.


specta

utah

Senior Member

Joined: 06/18/2001

View Profile



Posted: 07/04/21 10:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

This is what I went to SLC to get. [emoticon]

Geo*Boy

Unknown

Senior Member

Joined: 04/27/2020

View Profile






Posted: 07/04/21 01:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

specta wrote:

jimh425 wrote:

That’s why you need a F450. You could leave the TC on. [emoticon] Joking …


We really need a like button. [emoticon]



[image]

If I was in the position to buy a new truck this is what I would buy.
A 3500 4-wd with their 6.6L gas, 10-speed trans and 3.73 gears.

I would wait until GM smartens up and puts 4.10’s behind that 6.6 gasser.

specta

utah

Senior Member

Joined: 06/18/2001

View Profile



Posted: 07/04/21 02:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Geo*Boy wrote:

specta wrote:

jimh425 wrote:

That’s why you need a F450. You could leave the TC on. [emoticon] Joking …


We really need a like button. [emoticon]



[image]

If I was in the position to buy a new truck this is what I would buy.
A 3500 4-wd with their 6.6L gas, 10-speed trans and 3.73 gears.

I would wait until GM smartens up and puts 4.10’s behind that 6.6 gasser.


My current 6.0 gasser has 3.73s and they work good for me.

AnEv942

CA

Senior Member

Joined: 10/10/2003

View Profile



Posted: 07/05/21 10:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Decided I needed to exercise the gen and the Air Conditioner.
Generator wouldn't start. Checked propane via Mopeka monitor and all sensor batteries dead. Replaced all the batteries to find tanks empty (didn't note changeover valve showing red when tank opened, no pressure but the stove lit?) Ran to town & filled tanks, reinstall.

Finally got gen running, turn on the AC and fan came on but compressor never came on. Let it run a while and then gen seriously bogs down...
Gen revs back up but AC never started cooling.

Switched to shore power, tried several times, nothing but fan and then the fan stopped. Let it sit a few, tried again, nothing but loud hum...
nothing.
Opened up AC inside and outside covers. Checked everything. Pretty sure ACs start capacitor dumped, though once down from roof I didn't go back up with multi-meter to test. Just got on line & ordered a new one. Either going to fix or not. If replacement causes AC to run $20.00 fix. If it doesn't, well that's all I'm putting in.

4 hours later have fresh batteries in the LPG monitor & sensors, full LPG tanks and generator exercised, but dead AC.

Preventative exercise turned exercise in frustration/repair...

Since I'm in it, while ordering new start capacitor I also picked up a 5-2-1 hard start cap. If new start cap fixes AC I'll add the hard start cap. Though our gen does run AC, if anything else on it can bog gen so should help with that. Make unplanned repair an upgrade, hopefully


01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page


specta

utah

Senior Member

Joined: 06/18/2001

View Profile



Posted: 08/16/21 05:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

[image]

I washed the truck and camper inside and out.
Mopped the floor and waxed all the woodwork with Lemon Pledge.
I'm ready. [emoticon]

specta

utah

Senior Member

Joined: 06/18/2001

View Profile



Posted: 08/16/21 05:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

AnEv942 wrote:

Though our gen does run AC, if anything else on it can bog gen so should help with that. Make unplanned repair an upgrade, hopefully


What did you end up doing??

JoeChiOhki

Sauvie Island, OR

Senior Member

Joined: 11/20/2003

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/16/21 07:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Started prepping the lower tub area for paint.


My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express
CB Channel 17 Redneck Express
'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL


Buzzcut1

Norcal

Senior Member

Joined: 10/04/2010

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/16/21 08:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

not today, but last Friday I finished the job of pulling the Norcold 641.3 out of the cabinet. Removing the dead cooling unit and installing a remanufactured Amish built cooling unit reinstalling the fridge in the cabinet connecting everything cooling it down on AC then hitting the road for the weekend running on DC the spending two days on propane dry camping. The refrigerator section stayed at 35F even as the outside temps hit 100F Freezer stayed at 14F. After $100 rebate for returning the core (prepaid) my total cost was $514.00 USD. beats the snot out of buying a new fridge.


2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 08 Lance 1055, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags


specta

utah

Senior Member

Joined: 06/18/2001

View Profile



Posted: 08/16/21 08:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Buzzcut1 wrote:

not today, but last Friday I finished the job of pulling the Norcold 641.3 out of the cabinet. Removing the dead cooling unit and installing a remanufactured Amish built cooling unit reinstalling the fridge in the cabinet connecting everything cooling it down on AC then hitting the road for the weekend running on DC the spending two days on propane dry camping. The refrigerator section stayed at 35F even as the outside temps hit 100F Freezer stayed at 14F. After $100 rebate for returning the core (prepaid) my total cost was $514.00 USD. beats the snot out of buying a new fridge.


Thank you. I'm saving this one.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 28  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

 > What did you do to your Camper Today?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.