|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Tire pressure gauges

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/03/20 11:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

Depends on how much difference there is between the three. I have 4 that I use regularly and they all agree within 1-2 psi.

Which one do you use the most ,or do you just switch off from one to the other
I have one that stays in the truck, 2 if you count the pencil type gauge for the duallys, and three others that stay in a drawer in the garage. And yes, I just grab whichever one comes to hand. But I had all 4 of them out yesterday, and checked them against each other. All were exact, or within 1-2 psi.

I just need one , if I had four I would be looking constainly for one, I have several pair of reading glasses ,and can never find one [emoticon] I should practice the same as I do with that one air gauge , keep it the door pocket of my truck, and I always make sure I put it back.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 09/03/20 12:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, we have kids, grandkids, and great grandkids, and everybody needs to check their air pressure now and again. If I only had one gauge, it would disappear in short order. [emoticon]

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/03/20 04:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Well, we have kids, grandkids, and great grandkids, and everybody needs to check their air pressure now and again. If I only had one gauge, it would disappear in short order. [emoticon]

I do know how that works [emoticon]

PA12DRVR

Back in God's Country

View Profile

Posted: 09/04/20 10:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

"....and everybody needs GRANDPA to check their air pressure AND PROPERTY INFLATE THEIR TIRES now and again...."

^^^ My version....but I also adopt the "put one in every spot I might need it" approach.

CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

GMH

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 09/04/20 03:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought a couple of liquid filled guages and made my own. I use the low pressure one mostly on my spray booth for airbrushing, but I can check tire pressures with either one. I also have one of the large stick ones that I keep in the truck at all times.
[image]
[image]

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 09/05/20 12:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PA12DRVR wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

"....and everybody needs GRANDPA to check their air pressure AND PROPERTY INFLATE THEIR TIRES now and again...."

^^^ My version....but I also adopt the "put one in every spot I might need it" approach.
Well, yeah, that's actually the way it goes. LOL

garmp

St Louis, MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/05/20 01:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Turns out the Viair Compressor I ordered includes a dial type gauge. For what this unit costs, it better be accurate.

Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/07/20 12:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have two expensive stick gauges. they are hard to seat and the pressures are not accurate. The indicator stick is in tight in both.
I have an American made sccrew on for both tires at the same time so both get the same inflation the gauge is accurate but it is nigh impossible to screw it on the inside tie valve and they leak as you unscrew them.Next time i see a Snap on I will inquire what he has if it is near a bank.
I have dial gauge on a hose that attaches to my onboard air compressor, that shuts off at 125psi. Impossible to get 110 lbs in fronts with it or with it. And on Freightliner semi that tried to assist in Shawnee,either.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 09/07/20 02:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah, I had to get a compressor rated to 160 psi to enable to inflate my G-rated trailer tires to 110 psi. The 125 psi compressor just wouldn't cut it. Although not such a big deal anymore as I run my tires down at 95 psi now for a better ride.

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/07/20 06:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Yeah, I had to get a compressor rated to 160 psi to enable to inflate my G-rated trailer tires to 110 psi. The 125 psi compressor just wouldn't cut it. Although not such a big deal anymore as I run my tires down at 95 psi now for a better ride.

They make air pressure doublers. Use an may still install them in Newmars, I think. I haven't because life got in the way and .....

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Tire pressure gauges
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.