RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Roadside Assiatance

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > Roadside Assiatance

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
down home

south

Senior Member

Joined: 06/01/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/14/20 03:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Roadside Assistance is a big deal when it involves a motorhome..and you are broke down 250 miles from nearest fuel let alone service..and now God Sam and Coach Net and FMCA are all on the same sheet written by the hedge funds that bought them. Last year CoachNet refused to get us assistance because it was Holiday Weekend and Good Sams, if I remember correctly was closed for the Holiday. We carry both because of problem.We bought FMCA and it now reads no better with limits than devastate your bank account and limits are lower on lodging and so forth or not at all covered. I don't remember specifics at the moment.
The old Coach Net or the much older CW Care is what everyone wants.
Who offers it?

PartyOf Five

Wheaton, IL

Senior Member

Joined: 07/18/2016

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/14/20 03:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As much as they would like you to believe otherwise, no one is going to lose money on your membership. We have a combination of providers as well, and have been very happy with the service provided through progressive our insurer. In moments of stress in which roadside assistance is needed, we do remind the children that being stuck in a motorhome is about as good as it gets because you have food, facilities, beds, and entertainment until the problem is resolved. When we've had plenty of long service calls, but at the end of the day I'd rather call them then go out in the rain or at the side of the highway and resolve it myself if I have the option and I'm paying for it.


PartyOf5: Us 2 & 3 pre-teens trying to connect, learn, appreciate creation & the Creator. 5 yrs, 50k

May you find Peace in all that you endeavor

down home

south

Senior Member

Joined: 06/01/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/14/20 04:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PartyOf Five wrote:

As much as they would like you to believe otherwise, no one is going to lose money on your membership. We have a combination of providers as well, and have been very happy with the service provided through progressive our insurer. In moments of stress in which roadside assistance is needed, we do remind the children that being stuck in a motorhome is about as good as it gets because you have food, facilities, beds, and entertainment until the problem is resolved. When we've had plenty of long service calls, but at the end of the day I'd rather call them then go out in the rain or at the side of the highway and resolve it myself if I have the option and I'm paying for it.


You don't understand paradigms. They made lots of money with great coverage and 69.00 a year because they had lots of Customers.
Stuck 250 miles with 200 mile limit to nearest facility that ocassionaly works on a truck diesel, thus viewed at nearest facility that can handle whatever s no solution or $1200.00 limit on a $5,000.00 tow is not a great scenario.At $159.00 and no better service is abysmal. Great for the hedge fund and top down economics but not for us and our money.
As soon as someone comes along with the or a great plan again they will get all the business until bought by the next or same hedge funds and maximizing their profitability which I don't give a hoot about.
When you control or own the market you get away with it though.
I have no tears to shed for them or appreciation for their huge profiting structure.

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

Senior Member

Joined: 10/07/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/14/20 06:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Coach-Net has been a division of National Motor Club since it's founding in 1987. Independently owned NMC has been in the roadside assistance business since 1956. Good Sam's roadside assistance is provided by Allstate Motor Club, and FMCA currently uses SafeRide as their roadside assistance provider. No hedge funds in sight that I can see...


Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate


down home

south

Senior Member

Joined: 06/01/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/14/20 06:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Coach-Net/Safe Ride was bought out a few years ago. It was no secret.
Good Sams..in 2005 was CW Care or Camping World Care and I think Coach Net was it at the time
I still have my card. Safe Ride is FMCA and Coach Net I believe, at the moment.I didn't write down date and information at the time.

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

Senior Member

Joined: 10/07/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/14/20 07:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

down home wrote:

Coach-Net/Safe Ride was bought out a few years ago. It was no secret.
Good Sams..in 2005 was CW Care or Camping World Care and I think Coach Net was it at the time
I still have my card. Safe Ride is FMCA and Coach Net I believe, at the moment.I didn't write down date and information at the time.


Please post a link that shows NMC being sold to a hedge fund. SafeRide is unrelated Coach-Net or parent NMC. Good Sam Enterprises/Camping World has always contracted for their roadside assistance programs with companies like Road America, Cross Country, and since 2011 Allstate. FMCA only offers SafeRide plans to their members, as does the Escapees RV Club. Neither club has any direct ownership interest in SafeRide.

doxiemom11

Paris Michigan

Senior Member

Joined: 01/09/2013

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/15/20 09:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just did a google search and coach-net is still owned by the National Motor Club.

down home

south

Senior Member

Joined: 06/01/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/15/20 11:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It was discussed on one of these forums when Coach Net was sold. The next year the rates went up and the coverage went down.
It was probably discussed here but was on FMCA Forums when a lot of people switched to the new FMCA coverage,and then...last year FMCA coverage which was closer to the old Coach coverage went up in price and coverage went down.
The Parent company now of Coach Net coverage and FMCA road side assistance..is Safe Ride,regardless of who sells it under their label. The Ownership of Safe Ride, I don't remember at the moment but there was one or two mentions of it somewhere within the last year.

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

Senior Member

Joined: 10/07/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/16/20 08:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

down home wrote:

It was discussed on one of these forums when Coach Net was sold. The next year the rates went up and the coverage went down.
It was probably discussed here but was on FMCA Forums when a lot of people switched to the new FMCA coverage,and then...last year FMCA coverage which was closer to the old Coach coverage went up in price and coverage went down.
The Parent company now of Coach Net coverage and FMCA road side assistance..is Safe Ride,regardless of who sells it under their label. The Ownership of Safe Ride, I don't remember at the moment but there was one or two mentions of it somewhere within the last year.


There was a lot of mis-information about Coach-Net being "sold" to NMC a couple of years ago when NMC started a rebranding program to bring their various divisions, including Coach-Net, under the NMC label. It didn't take long for them to figure out they were better off leaving Coach-Net under it's own name.

SafeRide and its sister company, Vehicle Administration Services, have no connection with FMCA other than being FMCA's current RSA contractor. I have found nothing to indicate that SafeRide/VAS has any ownership position in NMC or Coach-Net. All indications are that NMC and SafeRide/VAS are independently owned with no corporate connections. If you find any valid information to the contrary, please post a link to it.

PastorCharlie

NC

Senior Member

Joined: 03/28/2004

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 08/22/20 03:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have been a member of the National Motor Club for 61 years.

National Motor Club Holdings, Inc. Name........nts of National Motor Club and Coach-Net

I have been a member of the Good Sam Club for 19 years. I had Coach Net coverage in the past but prefer the coverage of GSRSA. I carry their Platinum + Plan.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > Roadside Assiatance
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.