RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Who is a Full Timer with a Camper?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Who is a Full Timer with a Camper?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev
Sponsored By:
notsobigjoe

southeast

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/21 12:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good luck with your travels and your dreams. many years ago we bought a patio room. It is a completely closable room that hangs from the awning. Although at times it can be a major pain! It has certainly come in handy on other occasions. My sister has slept in it a few times and it's a great place for the mutts when you need them out of the way. Also when my nieces and nephews were small we zipped them inside with their toys. Please post your travels or even better start a YouTube page.
Joe

https://www.rvpartscountry.com/Dometic-Patty-O-Room-Stand-Starter-Kit.html

3 tons

NV.

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/21 10:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, I’m beginning to think that they way things seem to be going, we might all end up full timing it - lol !

3 tons

Camp woof

California

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/21 04:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I started fulltimimg Sept. 2019, just before this *"#:! Covid stuff. Fulltimimg in a truck camper is even better than I thought, I'm having a blast!I'm in a 2019 ram dually and bigfoot 10.4 truck camper. I carry a couple bicycles, inflatable kayak, 12lb dog ... And have tons of room. So much room that where I thought I'd be at 13,200 lbs max weight, I ran just over 14k on a cat scale. Embarrassing, I tossed stuff out this past Christmas. Now I have even more storage room inside. I primarily boondock in the west. what I've learned... I never take the camper off (easy to drive rig with camper on), don't need 4wd mode much, but do like the ground clearance, and don't like how slow you have to driver over rough roads, easy to take 2 gallon or less showers ... Oh, and both I and the dog love my catalytic propane heater. Dave

csh_2088

Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/27/21 01:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just started full timing and have a Capri truck camper on a 6.75 truck bed. The Capri are well made and great for cross country trips and camping off of back roads but there lack of storage space makes it tough to fulltime. I learned a valuable lesson and that's full timing is more than just a long camping trip.

Rexhall Motorhomes Yahoo Group

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 09/28/21 09:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

csh_2088 wrote:

I just started full timing and have a Capri truck camper on a 6.75 truck bed. The Capri are well made and great for cross country trips and camping off of back roads but there lack of storage space makes it tough to fulltime. I learned a valuable lesson and that's full timing is more than just a long camping trip.

Interesting!
Are you retired? Can work remotely?
While it sounds like an adventure I can’t imagine full timing in a glorified camper shell.

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

n0arp

FT

View Profile

Posted: 09/28/21 09:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My wife and I, and our three dogs, full-time in two rigs, a 39' fifth wheel and an AF1140. We've spent the last ten months straight in the AF1140 with the fifth wheel sitting in storage. We've been part time since 2014 and full time since 2019.

2021 Ram 5500 Limited 84CA Cummins 4x4 w/ flatbed
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2.0T (follow or TC toad)
2015 Keystone Alpine 3730FB 2925W/22.8kWh, 30K multi-split
2016 Arctic Fox 1140 WB 1800W/11.4kWh

woodworker414

Crystal City,Mo.

View Profile

Posted: 09/29/21 04:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a 2020 Lance 1172 , 2 slides. WE are getting ready to become almost full timers. Wandering the country. Well that is the plan.
This is my 4th tc. This is Brenda's first tc. We have been together for 4 1/ 2 years now. I am 77, Brenda is 70. Having the time of our lives. Brenda found ours on rvtrader. Used one time. Previous owner said they thought it was not big enough. So they said they were going to replace it with a 43' class A diesel pusher. Do you think that will be enough BIG?
We chose the Lance 1172 because of the two slides. The rear slide has a couch, which was a must. Not recliners tho. It does have the piece that come our and up to hold your calf. For Brenda it is a recliner because she is so short. I use a foot rest out past the leg lift and I am comfortable. The bed is not to high for us. And I have bad knees.. We really like it.
Good luck on your hunt. You will find what is perfect for you
Thank You for your service.
Brenda and Bill
2014 Silverado 3500 HD CC 4x4 8' bed Duals Dura Max 6 speed Allison LTZ
2020Lance 1172
The old signature below is so outdated
I have tried several times to delete it but the site won't change it.
Safe Travels

Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax

woodworker414

Crystal City,Mo.

View Profile

Posted: 09/29/21 05:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

AS i mentioned in a post above. The Lance 1172 that we have now, is my 4th tc. Years ago I had a couple of ReaLite 1200 with side entry. I knew I would always have a side entry.

JoeChiOhki

Sauvie Island, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/29/21 06:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did it for several years, though I didn't travel around all the time with it, though it usually just stayed parked at my space in an RV park when I wasn't taking it out traveling.

My now wife was staying with her mom because my work during those years was transitory, and so putting down permanent roots wasn't practical. So, I lived in the area with the camper while my work contract lasted, then hung onto the space at the park and spent my time back staying with family if I wasn't wandering around on saved up money between contracts traveling with her or by myself with our dog.

Now, we have a giant fifth wheel in the same park as the one I had used during those years working as a contractor as our permanent home and the campers went back to being the traveling rigs.

My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express
CB Channel 17 Redneck Express
'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Who is a Full Timer with a Camper?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.