|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Campsite Squatters

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 13  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
thedavidzoo

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 08/26/20 01:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interesting and timely article on closing AZ dispersed areas in Prescott National Forest precisely because of squatters taking advantage and ruining it for us responsible people. That is why we can't have nice things...

https://www.campendium.com/camping/nfs-closures-arizona/?utm_source=Campendium&utm_campaign=d24b94571b-2020-08-26&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_d42c2750af-d24b94571b-113534001

2014 Ram 3500 CrewCab Diesel DRW 4x4 4.10 Aisin, Torklift Fastguns, Upper Stableloads, Timbrens
2017 Northstar 12' STC
640W solar, 400Ah lithium LiFeMnPO4 batteries

jimh425

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 08/26/20 01:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don’t think OP is talking about people obviously breaking the laws like they were in Arizona. I think he’s saying that people following the rules are selfish. Those are two completely different issues.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 Dbl Slide, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Air Bags, Hankook DH-01 225/19.5 Fs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

Seminoe Joe

Texas, Wyoming, or somewhere in between

View Profile

Posted: 08/26/20 02:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Freep wrote:

Have any of you noticed people leaving their trailers in great campsites on BLM and USFS land during the week and then showing up on the weekends to camp?

I haven’t noticed it where I go. But I tend to go way out into the boondocks where not many other people go on purpose. Plenty of space out there in the world. No need to go where others are.

“It’s all in the reflexes.”
2012 Lance 850
2012 Chevy 2500 HD

jaycocreek

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 08/26/20 05:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Seminoe Joe wrote:

Freep wrote:

Have any of you noticed people leaving their trailers in great campsites on BLM and USFS land during the week and then showing up on the weekends to camp?

I haven’t noticed it where I go. But I tend to go way out into the boondocks where not many other people go on purpose. Plenty of space out there in the world. No need to go where others are.

I do the same thing but come hunting season,there are no places to go where others aren't..It's during hunting season they all reserve there spots by leaving there rigs there prior to actually being there...It's just the way things are here,nothing you can do about it.

1994 F-350 DRW /460/k&n intake /415# torque/lance 9.6/Engel compressor fridge/3 gr 27 batteries/Honda 2k/Honda 3K/WH Camo 2250/Reese solid bar extension/Buddy heater/3 inverters//Happi Jack tie downs /Firestone bags/Yamaha Rhino/Winch and Lockers

Freep

Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 08/26/20 08:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jimh425 wrote:

I think he’s saying that people following the rules are selfish.

You are quite wrong.

2014 Lance 992
2014 Ram 3500 DRW Turbo diesel

Freep

Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 08/26/20 08:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jaycocreek wrote:

I do the same thing but come hunting season,there are no places to go where others aren't..It's during hunting season they all reserve there spots by leaving there rigs there prior to actually being there...It's just the way things are here,nothing you can do about it.

I'm not surprised. Idaho is where we were when a 3 trailer group decided to camp right next to us and when they left they drained their black tank on the way out.

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 08/26/20 09:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wouldn't dump my junk in a spot to hold it but if it's allowed through some spirit of the law, so be it. I'll use it when I'm there and leave it to somebody else when I'm done rather than deprive others a campsite for selfish purposes.

Camper Jeff and Kelli's Blog!
CITAP1 Jeff's YouTube Channel
A CLOSED MOUTH GATHERS NO FEET!

jimh425

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 08/26/20 09:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Freep wrote:

jimh425 wrote:

I think he’s saying that people following the rules are selfish.

You are quite wrong.

What word would you prefer? I’m ok with you saying whatever word works for you.

lakeside013104

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/27/20 03:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mkirsch wrote:

I've never understood this human need to be in places where you're clearly not welcome/wanted.

16 little words with a very powerful meaning derived from deep routes.

I agree with you mkirsch....... If someone does not enjoy my company, I can be gone, for good.....never to darken your 'door' again. Too many wonderful places to go to. If one is taken, find another. If someone doesn't want you around, family, friend, or stranger, pack up and leave for far off places of your choice. Life is too short to be caught up in the drama of unhappiness, hatefulness, or being mean. I live my life, you live your's. Don't get in my way, I won't get in your's. Treat others as you wish to be treated. If others treat you differently, move on. Relax, be appreciate of the ability to move across this country with relative ease, freedom to make your own decisions, and within a cautioned level of security.

Time to get off my soap box before someone finds me a nuisance and if someone does, everyone is entitled to their own opinion!
Safe travels to all.

Lakeside

Geo*Boy

Unknown

View Profile

Posted: 08/27/20 04:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lakeside013104 wrote:

mkirsch wrote:

I've never understood this human need to be in places where you're clearly not welcome/wanted.

16 little words with a very powerful meaning derived from deep routes.

I agree with you mkirsch....... If someone does not enjoy my company, I can be gone, for good.....never to darken your 'door' again. Too many wonderful places to go to. If one is taken, find another. If someone doesn't want you around, family, friend, or stranger, pack up and leave for far off places of your choice. Life is too short to be caught up in the drama of unhappiness, hatefulness, or being mean. I live my life, you live your's. Don't get in my way, I won't get in your's. Treat others as you wish to be treated. If others treat you differently, move on. Relax, be appreciate of the ability to move across this country with relative ease, freedom to make your own decisions, and within a cautioned level of security.

Time to get off my soap box before someone finds me a nuisance and if someone does, everyone is entitled to their own opinion!
Safe travels to all.

Lakeside

Right on.[emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 13  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Campsite Squatters
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.