|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> First time out problems

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
wanderingaimlessly

SOBOVA

View Profile

Posted: 08/18/20 02:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have you got a full coverage insurance policy? Including comp?

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 08/18/20 04:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not sure if the jacks have fuses but there are two types of jacks (well 3 but only two apply to you) Electric and hydraulic.

Hydraulic jacks retract by the power of a spring. THe pump is not needed to retract them.. Just open the valves, and up they go.

Down needs the pump.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

B.B.Upch

Dallas, TX

View Profile

Posted: 08/18/20 06:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fuel pump. Filter & fuel gauge sensor are all new..

I'm not sure on the Jack's which one they are. It has big hydraulic tank infrastructure and of driver side. The levers and box are beside the driver seat. U turn the box on & it works & shows which side needs to be adjusted. U lock the levers put & nothing happens but when u use the center lever that adjusts which Jack's go up & down there is a click. So not sure

Stim

NE Florida

View Profile

Posted: 08/18/20 09:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Possible you have a stopped up muffler. ???

olfarmer

Iowa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/18/20 09:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Does your MH have auto park? If it does the transmission does not have a parking pall, the auto park and parking brake are the same thing, it is hydraulically operated.

Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Gjac

Milford, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/20/20 06:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you have the 454 engine you probably have the P-30 chassis and the auto park system and the brake drums at the end of the transmission need to be adjusted if your hydraulic pump is working. Can you hear the pump coming on when you put the transmission in park? Verify you have the P-30 chassis. Do you have the HWH 200 series hydraulic levelers? If so check the fuse in the the top plate next to the joy stick and see if it is blown.

mfinnerty

Wentzville, Mo.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/20/20 06:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With the P30 chassis the park brake needs the be applied before the jacks will function.

Mike & Linda Finnerty with Finn & Rosco (Golden mix brothers)

B.B.Upch

Dallas, TX

View Profile

Posted: 08/21/20 11:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks guys.. it is the p-30 chassis. I'm not sure about the type of hydraulics it has on it but the top plate does have a fuse & yes it will not work if the parking break is not engaged... this all shows on the top plate so I know I have the parking break engaged & the fuse is working because I have power to the top plate & the red light is on & its showing which way to adjust the rv. But when I press the 2 levers down the Jack's do not come down??? Now if i use the center lever and move it around i can hear the click sound like it working but the Jack's havent come down.
So fuse is good & parking break is engaged

Lt46

Central Florida

View Profile

Posted: 08/22/20 07:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You describe the HWH 200 series jack levelers. Unscrew the knobs on the 3 control levers and unscrew the 4 screws holding the plate to the floor and lift off. Use a vacuum and suction debris out from around the contact ring surface. Debris interferes with making the electrical contact for jack engagement. For your own learning, go the HWH website and download the manual for your system, it is invaluable in troubleshooting. Best of luck.

Peter & Dawn
97 Winnebago Adventurer 37RW
F53/460 w/ tag axle
96 Prowler 27X SOLD
IAFF L-792 (Ret.)

B.B.Upch

Dallas, TX

View Profile

Posted: 08/24/20 12:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks guys. I actually have the manual from hwh. I went looking through all the stuff I had. I did that exact thing & still nothing. So when I turn the key on & engage the parking break. Then I press the on button. The red light comes on & I have a yellow light that shows the front passenger side needs to be raised. When I flip the levers nothing happens. I dont hear anything. When i move the center lever i hear a click but that is all. Is this a bad pump? How can i test it? If it was a fuse I dont think the lights would work or i would hear a clicking sound when activating the lever.
Also is there a way yo remove the center level toggle? So I can get to the plate & cleaned it... one video showed an allen wrench but mine does not have an allen screw inside it

* This post was edited 08/24/20 01:30pm by B.B.Upch *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> First time out problems
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.