RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Table top propane grill help needed.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Table top propane grill help needed.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
jotityra

michigan

View Profile

Posted: 08/21/20 05:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought a Blackstone griddle to cook with while camping. I don't really like it but will probably use it for making breakfast only. I bought a hose with the quick connect fitting to plug it into the back of the camper which worked great. Now I bought a cheap mr bar-b-Q grill and thought I would do the same but I'm not sure I can do it with the fittings on this grill. The regulator threads into the burner and there is an orifice on the end so I think I need that connected to the grill, but I want to bypass the regulator on the grill because the camper already has the regulator on it. I'm not sure if they make fittings like I need to go right into the burner to take the place of the regulator. [image]

[image]

2015 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH. Towing with a 2020 F150 supercrew 4x4 with a 5.0L V8 and 3.55 rear end

naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/21/20 06:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nope. No can do. The control valve is part of the regulator. The office is not part of the regulator, it is used to inject a stream of regulated gas into the air in the mixing chamber. Because the control valve is part of the regulator, this device is not a good candidate for use on the low pressure propane system on your rv. It could work if you put a Tee in the high pressure line, but I don’t recommend that.

mobeewan

Hampton, Va

View Profile

Posted: 08/22/20 02:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can barely read the text, could you please make the pictures even bigger so I can't read it at all I would appreciate it? Thank you.

jotityra

michigan

View Profile

Posted: 08/22/20 03:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

naturist wrote:

Nope. No can do. The control valve is part of the regulator. The office is not part of the regulator, it is used to inject a stream of regulated gas into the air in the mixing chamber. Because the control valve is part of the regulator, this device is not a good candidate for use on the low pressure propane system on your rv. It could work if you put a Tee in the high pressure line, but I don’t recommend that.

That's what I thought but I wanted to check to see if anyone knew, or did anything to make it work. I guess I can either get a hose and attach right to the tank, or just use the small bottles and re-fill them as needed.

jotityra

michigan

View Profile

Posted: 08/22/20 05:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mobeewan wrote:

I can barely read the text, could you please make the pictures even bigger so I can't read it at all I would appreciate it? Thank you.

I'm not sure, let me try.

ktmrfs

Portland, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 08/22/20 09:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

you need to buy the blackstone nipple for use with a low pressure regulated supply along with an appropriate hose connection to the trailer regulated propane. You can't use the grill with the stock regulator and a low pressure source at the same time.

2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

jotityra

michigan

View Profile

Posted: 08/22/20 10:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ktmrfs wrote:

you need to buy the blackstone nipple for use with a low pressure regulated supply along with an appropriate hose connection to the trailer regulated propane. You can't use the grill with the stock regulator and a low pressure source at the same time.

Yes. That's what I have for the Blackstone, works great for the Blackstone.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Table top propane grill help needed.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.