|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> 75 Speed Limit - How Fast

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 19  
Prev
Sponsored By:
fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 09/29/20 02:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2edgesword wrote:

I keep it at 60mph. When I'm camping there is no need to be in a hurry.
I can certainly see your point, but I'd rather get to where I'm going and sit down and relax, rather than spend that same amount of time still traveling.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Learjet

Louisiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/30/20 04:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

2edgesword wrote:

I keep it at 60mph. When I'm camping there is no need to be in a hurry.
I can certainly see your point, but I'd rather get to where I'm going and sit down and relax, rather than spend that same amount of time still traveling.

I've done 800 miles per day on the interstate several times...difference between 60 and 70 is saving almost 2 hours of driving time. Obliviously, a short trip it's not much difference.

2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2015 Wildcat 317RL, MoRryde rubber pin box, Titan Disc Brakes, Trojan T105
B&W Ram Companion

Yamaha EF2600c tri-fuel generator
Champion Model 46595- 3000/3500w

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 09/30/20 06:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Everyone doesn't have the same vacation/travel time schedule so some can drive at a leisure pace and others will need to push it for various reasons.

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/30/20 10:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JIMNLIN wrote:

Everyone doesn't have the same vacation/travel time schedule so some can drive at a leisure pace and others will need to push it for various reasons.

Of course there is no "need" to plan a trip that you can't do at a reasonable pace.

Bionic Man

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 09/30/20 10:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lynnmor wrote:

JIMNLIN wrote:

Of course there is no "need" to plan a trip that you can't do at a reasonable pace.

Sorry but you’re not qualified to make any judgments about what an individual “needs” to do for a trip. Let me guess. You’re retired?

2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/30/20 11:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bionic Man wrote:

Lynnmor wrote:

JIMNLIN wrote:

Sorry but you’re not qualified to make any judgments about what an individual “needs” to do for a trip. Let me guess. You’re retired?

I agree, Bionic Man, this whole thread is about individual choices, and comfort zones of various members replying. However it's nice to be rid of the world's best driver, that only caused several accidents each trip, due to having the ROW. The response from most indicate a "reasonable pace" being between 60-70 mph. A confident driver, with appropriate rig, can likely tow 75, even if his time is not limited.

Jerry

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 09/30/20 11:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lynnmor wrote:

JIMNLIN wrote:

LOL....Thats simple not the way it works for all.
My grand daughter and husband lives in Orem UT. She had a last minuet oboe recital schedule change. We had made plans to make the orig recital and spend a couple of weeks with them.
Being retired we could go anytime so we quickly loaded the trailer in 2 hours and hit the road for a 1240 mile run pulling a 11200 lb trailer with the Dodge/Cummins. At times on I-80 we were running 75-77 mph.
We made the rv park...unhooked...and rode with the grand daughter to her recital.
Lots of reasons a trip can't be planned and requires run the speed limit is the only solution.

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/30/20 12:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

agree with above..

We are BOTH still working and only have a limited amount of vacation time.. We decide where we want to go, How long we CAN stay.. and then decide if we can make it happen, or are willing to make it happen..

Those vacations usually happen in the summer as my wife works with the school district and needs to wait till school ends in mid June.

it's pretty normal to drive 1200 miles, spend 5-6 days and drive home... depending on the circumstances.. Those trips, I'm guilty of hammering a bit more than usual.

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Vette Racer

Oklahoma

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/01/20 04:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We used to do all those things when working, drive night and day to get there at high speeds, play like crazy and drive like a maniac to get home in time to go to work so we could rest from our vacation. Thank god those days are over! Now if we do 200 miles in a day that is a long day and we can actually see the scenery as we go by. 62-64 MPH is our magic number unless the speed limit is lower but in case of the 80 MPH speed limits we'll be in the right lane at 62-64.

KE5NCP
2016 Ram CC Dually, 2011 HitchHiker 349 RSB DA, 2018 Wrangler unlimited Rubicon

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 19  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> 75 Speed Limit - How Fast
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.