RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Moving on up... to the mountains!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Moving on up... to the mountains!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Gjac

Milford, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/31/20 05:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good luck on your new property. We have friends that live in Snowflake AZ. and made that trip a number of times. The ride from Payson to Snowflake through the Tonto NF is a beautiful ride. Nice NFS CG's along the route, saw some elk along the way. Much cooler than Phoenix.

blofgren

Surrey, B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/20 07:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congratulations! That's a fantastic looking place and property that I'm sure will serve you well. Having all of the toys at home is great! [emoticon]

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, RAM 20k sliding hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

Mayor30

Pa

View Profile

Posted: 09/01/20 03:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My buddy lives in Payson. It is a very nice town. They have a large dog park. We stayed at Houston Mesa in Payson and Canyon Point which is about an hour east of Payson on 260.If you haven't stayed there the sites are nicely spaced,some with electric others with no hookups. You're camping under tall pine trees.

Desert Captain

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 09/01/20 03:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mayor30 wrote:

My buddy lives in Payson. It is a very nice town. They have a large dog park. We stayed at Houston Mesa in Payson and Canyon Point which is about an hour east of Payson on 260.If you haven't stayed there the sites are nicely spaced,some with electric others with no hookups. You're camping under tall pine trees.

Canyon point is one of our favorite CG's...but getting a reservation can be a challenge. They do hold a lot of non electric sites as first come first served and at 7,700' it is delightful in the warmer months but they are only open mid May through Labor day or the first snowfall. The Mogollon Rim has a number of great CG's as well but again they are subject to the relatively short season as dictated by the weather.

What we love about Payson is that it is large enough to have anything we need {Home Depot, Tractor Supply etc. and a VA clinic} and nothing we don't. I am scrambling to deal with the mountain of paperwork the two real estate sales generate... but having worked in the Title Insurance Industry for nearly 20 years I understand the process and speak the language. [emoticon]

C Schomer

Pueblo West, Co.

View Profile

Posted: 09/06/20 11:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NICE property and it doesn't look to be terribly hilly, so it's more useful. We were at Buckeye for 13 years and loved camping on the Rim... beautiful mtns! I also had several friends with cabins around Heber/Overgard. I retired in 15 and came back to Co. but we go back to Peoria for the late falls... the rv resorts are a lot cheaper, then, than the first 3 months of the year! Craig

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/07/20 11:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DC ... nice digs. Congrats!

Now ... if only the garage or man cave were slightly taller so your "baby" could fit inside. [emoticon]

P.S. My "baby" has to sit outside too ... but some nearby trees help to keep the UV rays from ruining it too much.

Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca Spirit 24V

AlexCaro

Chicago

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/20 01:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's great. Congratz!

Desert Captain

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/20 07:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pnichols wrote:

DC ... nice digs. Congrats!

Now ... if only the garage or man cave were slightly taller so your "baby" could fit inside. [emoticon]

P.S. My "baby" has to sit outside too ... but some nearby trees help to keep the UV rays from ruining it too much.

After 7 years in the southern Arizona sun I figure parked deep in the trees at 5,000' will be a huge improvement. The Rzr and Indian will get their own garage with lots of room left over as well as my truck and brides Toyota.

Bought a nice large workbench and a rolling tool storage chest from Harbor Freight last week end... Unfortunately they are both "some assembly required". [emoticon]

Desert Captain

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/20 08:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Op here with an update:

We closed our 18 day escrow right on time yesterday morning without any issues. Now the Herculean task of moving all of our "stuff" from Tucson to Payson is staring us in the face but everything is lining up nicely. I anticipate 3 runs up to Payson next week with my truck fully loaded and towing our cargo trailer.

The movers will arrive on the 29th for all of our furniture and the dozens of boxes we have managed to pack but there is a lot of stuff I need to get up there first {mainly tools and toys etc.}. The ride up is a little over 3 hours and the return run {empty}, goes a little quicker so it is doable with an overnight/early morning return. Our goal is to be fully "in" by October first. The old house is on the MLS under "Coming Soon" and I will release it for sale on 10/1. There has been a lot interest already as the sign is up complete with flyers and homes have been selling in just a few days.

My goal of walking away with more than we just spent still seems attainable. Film at eleven!

[emoticon]

Dtank

USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/24/20 12:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks / sounds like a great move!

Now you need to change your ID to "Mountain Captain" !!

[emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Moving on up... to the mountains!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.