RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Moving on up... to the mountains!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Moving on up... to the mountains!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
Sponsored By:
spoon059

Just north of D.C.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/13/20 07:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Appreciate the update OP. In my area that would be a million dollar home, easily. We've got a 1300 sq ft rambler on a half acre, nothing special about the location, paid more than that 12 years ago. I'm hopeful that when I retire and we sell this house (for too much money), we'll be able to go someplace beautiful and less expensive!

2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Expyinflight

Mesa, Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 10/13/20 09:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad to see you are happily settled in OP. Enjoy!

2017 Winnebago Spirit 25b

run100

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/17/20 02:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congratulations! Nice looking property! Enjoy. We'll be waiting for an invitation to the housewarming party.

Yup, new record in our desert this year - 144 days over 100-degrees! The heat is getting old.

2012 F350,6.7L Diesel,4x4,CC,SB,SRW
2013 Lance 855S

Dtank

USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/17/20 03:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

spoon059 wrote:

Appreciate the update OP. In my area that would be a million dollar home, easily. We've got a 1300 sq ft rambler on a half acre, nothing special about the location, paid more than that 12 years ago. I'm hopeful that when I retire and we sell this house (for too much money), we'll be able to go someplace beautiful and less expensive!

Better hurry!!

After seeing the photos, and reading the details.....

The *SNOWBIRDS* - and the folks cooking in Phoenix are are on the way!!

[emoticon]

Desert Captain

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 10/21/20 08:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"Be a good neighbor and FireWise your property. They keep predicting Payson will be the next Paradise......and suffer a catastrophic fire."

Not sure who "They" are but the locals here {proud to now be among them} tend to take fire safety seriously. Our property {.57 ac} is very heavily treed and probably hasn't been trimmed much less cleaned up, in years...

We made curing that glaring fire safety defect a high priority. Having the cargo trailer and a truck along with all of the requisite tools {multiple rakes, pitchfork, gas leaf blower etc.} we have been working on clearing the entire property for the last couple of weeks. So far we have hauled just over 5,000# {in 8 trips} of pine needles and Oak leaves to the local brush pit at the land fill. I think we have it down to two more trailer loads and will hit again the morning.

The front yard is done and we have about 20 percent of the back left to go. In someplaces the
debris was 4 to 6" deep. Here are a couple of pics documenting our progress {keep in mind we are old folks at 68 and 69 and both of of us will be having birthdays in November}:

[image]

This is about half of load:

[image]

Here is a section we have cleared:

[image]

Today I hired a contractor to asphalt both driveways next week and yesterday we hired the crew from Home Depot to redo the kitchen replacing the 37 years old cabinets and Formica counters with Granite and new {refaced} cabinets to be completed in about 6 weeks. Both bathrooms will be next and we will be replacing there sinks/vanities and cabinets. That should just about compete our renovations.

The forecast is calling for rain and snow showers next Sunday - Tuesday so we are looking forward to the weather finally breaking and being able to break in our wood burning stove in the living room.

[emoticon]

parcany

Arizona City

View Profile

Posted: 10/23/20 08:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The things we liked aabout Payson was the airport diner, great food and on fridays all you can eat fish. The parade in August and the free music in the park. Was great. We stayed at the Payson Campground. They used to have old airplanes come in at the airport I think is August or Sept, don't know if they still do that. In Pine and Strawberry on the holidays they have Crafts shows and they are real nice. When you go into Pine on the right side of the street there is a gas station right across the parking lot on same side of street there is a little shop on the end of the building that sells some of the best Ice Cream we have ever had. Going more into Pine on the left side there is a grocery store that has great tasting pies. Congrats on your new home.

* This post was edited 10/23/20 08:57pm by parcany *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Moving on up... to the mountains!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.