RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Anyone Have Info On My Motorhome??

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Anyone Have Info On My Motorhome??

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
rcksblr

WASHINGTON

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/20 02:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey guys - I have a 1986 Champion Titan Signature Class A Motorhome. It's on the GM Platform, P30 Chassis 27ft in Length 454ci Motor

I've had it since 2017 and have done quite a bit of work on it. Recently got the itch to do some more upgrades and thought it would be fun to find some videos of other people who have the same RV and see what they have done. I have not been able to find any others out there. So I thought maybe it was a short lived or not common RV? So I've been trying to track down just some general information on the unit and just general history really on this particular RV. I could only find one opinion article that would mostly talking about the Dodge champion of the 70's but the article mentioned GM had a run with them and the last year was 1986, which is the year I have.

Anyone out there happen to have any info? Much appreciated. Pic below

[image]

* This post was edited 08/29/20 02:48pm by rcksblr *

rgatijnet1

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/29/20 02:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is a link to the GM chassis manual: GM chassis

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/20 03:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You do understand that Dodge and GM did not make Champion Motorhomes. They just supplied the chassis/drive train. The design you have Champion went out of business in 1986. But, Champion still had the Ultrastar model until about 1994. Doug

haste maker

alabama

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/29/20 05:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good looking rig...from the pic I would keep as much weight off the rear of this unit as possible...reason I say this is the amount of over-hang behind the rear axle...

Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo

rcksblr

WASHINGTON

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/20 06:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dougrainer wrote:

You do understand that Dodge and GM did not make Champion Motorhomes. They just supplied the chassis/drive train. The design you have Champion went out of business in 1986. But, Champion still had the Ultrastar model until about 1994. Doug

Yes. When I try and research Champion Titan Signature I don’t find much of anything so wondered if it was only made a year or two or for some reason was not a common motorhome. Its always fun to look at videos of people with your same setup to get ideas or if you need troubleshooting help on a random issue. When you do some researching there seems to be a lot of common motorhomes out there, this one I just noticed there wasn’t much of any info. So was hoping someone out there may have some useful info.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Anyone Have Info On My Motorhome??
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.