|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Inverter installation question

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
jaycocreek

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/20 05:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mr Coffee 4 cup coffee maker running off a 500 watt hour power station...

Mr Coffee coffee maker running off small power station.

1994 F-350 DRW /460/k&n intake /415# torque/lance 9.6/Engel compressor fridge/3 gr 27 batteries/Honda 2k/Honda 3K/WH Camo 2250/Reese solid bar extension/Buddy heater/3 inverters//Happi Jack tie downs /Firestone bags/Yamaha Rhino/Winch and Lockers

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/20 06:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Beware that low-wattage coffeemakers will not soak the grinds with hot water.
Years ago I bought the 12V model.
The toy dripped hot water only on the small ring in the center of the grinds, while 80% of grinds were dry.
Never really used item ended in garbage.

Lwiddis

Bishop area, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/29/20 06:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

“Last year I spend $400 on this life line deep cycle battery...”

That was a mistake IMO.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

jaycocreek

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/20 06:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kayteg

Maybe times have changed....

Quote:

First, we have the coffee maker I use in my travel trailer. The Black+Decker 5-Cup Coffeemaker. I bought this coffee maker for a few reasons the first being it doesn’t use a ton of power while brewing and I can plug it into my Goal Zero Yeti 1000.

It uses 625 watts while brewing which is really low power compared to bigger coffee makers. If you use a generator or have a solar set up this is going to be helpful. In the warming mode, it only uses about 150 watts for a short amount of time. It just clicks on for a few seconds then turns off for about 2 minutes.

The second reason it appealed to me was the size. The small coffee maker is only 10.75 inches tall, 7.25 inches wide, and 8.2 inches deep. It fits easily in the cupboard and doesn’t take up much space in my RV kitchen when it is out.

Black+Decker has been around for years making appliances and much more, this small coffee maker of theirs is a great budget-friendly product with some nice features.

See Also: Best RV Water Filter Systems And Canisters, Cartridges

The carafe doesn’t drip when you pour and has a removable lid which makes it very easy to clean. There is a sneak a cup feature that stops the coffee from dripping out when you remove the carafe. It uses a simple on/off switch that is lighted and there is a water window with markings so you can see how much water has been poured into it.

The brew basket is removable for easy cleaning and it comes with a reusable filter, I prefer paper filters but this is a nice bonus for when the paper filter supply is getting low.

For a small budget-friendly coffee pot the Black+Decker 5-Cup Coffeemaker makes a decent cup of coffee. It comes out hot and flavorful and brews coffee fast. It has a durable high quality feel to it and has worked perfect every time even after being jostled around while the trailer is being towed. I’ve never regretted buying it for my RV.

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/20 06:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just cut off the drip stopper from small coffeemaker I use in RV.
Darn thing was not only hard to clean, but small misalignment of carafe would cost overflow ending in big mess.
I don't remember the listed power, but 12V appliances are limited to 10 amp, so the 12V coffeemaker had to be about 120W. Long way to comparing it to 625 Watts
This is the combo I bought at Harbor Freight 20 years ago. Seems it is still available at Walmart

[image]

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/20 09:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

An SiO2 battery 100 amp-hour may be the best fit.

My four cup draws about 325 watt-hours to brew a cup of coffee.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, soon to have SiO2 batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/29/20 11:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mattyj wrote:

I was recently at the beach on a rainy day in the morning and my wife wanted a cup of coffee I had to run out and start the generator in the sand and rain that's the only reason I want an inverter. LOL
For this moment the 1000w inverter might work as long as the battery is near full charge. I still recommend a second battery.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Bert the Welder

Van. Island

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/20 01:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pour over: Get the cone filter holder that fits on the coffee cup, add grinds, slowly pour boiled water over. let drip through. Done. Takes a bit of time to get the amount of grinds right for your particular brand of coffee and your taste.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tawpuntc1uQ

OR

Put grinds in a measuring cup pour boiling water in. Let sit. Pour through same set up as above. I do 3.5 scoops to 500ml water. Again, your coffee and taste will vary. I grind the beans courser for this method. I like this way the best. Strong and heft without being bitter or acidic.

OR

Aeropress
https://www.amazon.com/AeroPress-Coffee-Espresso-Maker-Bitterness/dp/B0047BIWSK

OR

Tell the Mrs. to get the gen. pulled out, set-up and running and you'll be happy to make her a cup..... [emoticon]

"> 1998 GMC 2500, 10.5 Okanagan, My better/smarter half, George and Finnegan(APBT), all I need.

jaycocreek

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/20 07:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pianotuna wrote:

An SiO2 battery 100 amp-hour may be the best fit.

My four cup draws about 325 watt-hours to brew a cup of coffee.

There you go,that calculates at 12V to 27.08 amp hours for a good cup of coffee..LOL..So the ops 100AH battery would certainly do it..

I tried pour over coffee and it isn't bad as well as perked coffee in a glass or pyrex carafe but it is hard to beat a good cup from a coffee maker and well worth the 320WH it uses..Solar will put that back in in a jiff..

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/20 08:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have French press as a backup and they make good coffee, but cleaning takes lot of water.

[image]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Inverter installation question
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.