RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Is it a good time to sell?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Is it a good time to sell?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
ppine

Northern Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/20 08:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have sold some boats recently and found the market to be surprisingly strong. It is the same for RVs. Lots of them are changing hands. Now it is fall and not the best time to sell. Still good, but spring may be better.

Lwiddis

Near Annett’s Mono Village, Bridgeport, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/08/20 09:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Assumption then conclusion. Bigger assumption based on previous conclusion, bigger conclusion....

How many RVs should I hold instead of dollars to be safe? lol

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/20 10:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The market is still pretty hot. Never seen anything like it. Inventory is down in RV dealerships. Not a lot of haggling going on. We were lucky to get our FW at what I thought was a decent price and the guy told me they won't haggle much, if I didn't buy it someone else will in a week and I knew we wasn't lying. I'm not playing into duress, but it's what we wanted and I looked all over the US and only found a handful of our FW even close to the price. Demand is high and inventory is low. Once COVID cases start to decline and production catches up I suspect this time next year will be a surplus of used RV's for sale, then you will have a hard time unloading. But if you are even thinking about selling it, now is the time. It's the safest way to travel and everyone knows it. People are scrambling to get their hands on an RV.

2020 F350 STX 6.7L Turbo Diesel
2020 FR Cedar Ridge Silverback 29rw

Chum lee

Albuquerque, NM

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/20 11:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

johnwalkerpa1 wrote:

For those of you who are out and about this year, and/or buying or selling, is the demand for RVs of all types really up as much as I've been hearing? And are there more people out there than ever?

I've been thinking of selling my class c. It has nothing to do with the virus or affordability. I've just found that my interests have slowly changed and I just am not using it much anymore. My tastes have changed more to "week at the cabin" type of trips rather than traveling.

I've been thinking about this for over a year and wasn't in any real rush to make a decision, but if the demand and prices are up, maybe now is the time.

Every deal is different. (condition, location, price, etc.) IMO, demand is quite high right now. If your RV is in good condition, it's priced right, and you market it (advertise it) effectively, it will sell. Don't wait!

Chum lee

MattFromPA

Harrisburg, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/08/20 12:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can't really get your hands on one around here. RV Trader listings have all but dried up within 150 miles of me. The large dealer I follow online has almost no inventory. This isn't the year to get a deal. I would sell ASAP if you want to get the maximum value out of it. I suspect the used market will flood in the spring and maybe all of next year.

lots2seeinmyrv

Neither Here nor There

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/08/20 12:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I hope our manufacturing comes back to USA and someone starts building the A/C units and other parts.

johnwalkerpa1

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/08/20 06:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks everyone for your replies. Much appreciated.

I think I am going to move ahead and list it for sale and see what happens. Normally, I wouldn't think of trying to sell this time of year, but things are different this year!

I am not really worried about holding out in hope of a higher price. But, I do see the potential of a depressed used market in a year or so if a bunch of impulse buyers start to unload them. So, this may be the window of opportunity, so to speak...

Really my biggest concern is that I'll sell then regret it later [emoticon]
But, I've been thinking about this for over a year so its not really a spur of the moment thought....we'll see!

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/08/20 07:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I work for a multi-state dealer and inventory has been flying out the door. Here in Tucson it's mostly trailers, Class C's, and used motorhomes. We're setting up our show for Thursday and have around 65 total units when we should be well over 200 (thank you Covid). There isn't much inventory any where. Now seems a prime time to sell - lots of demand, little inventory.

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2011 Harley Ultra Limited
2016 RZR 900

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/20 06:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

johnwalkerpa1 wrote:

Really my biggest concern is that I'll sell then regret it later [emoticon]

The good news is, there should be plenty of lightly used units on the market next year if you change your mind.

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/20 07:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Take a look at PPL Motorhomes. I have never seen such a low inventory, so many Sale Pending and Sold listings. This is unprecedented.

2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens, PullRite SuperGlide 2700 15K
2013 KZ Durango 2857

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Is it a good time to sell?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.